A few people who have watched our quick meal training sessions have commented on how I'm really not using any commands at this point. I'm just in no rush. Right now her training has very little to do with learning words and lots to do with Py figuring out how to communicate with me and discovering body awareness. If she offers a behavior other than the one we were working on I usually just go with it. I might later regret that I'm letting her hop from one thing to another but right now it's still cute and fun. I suppose that's how most naughty behavior start!
I'm also heavily managing Py's focus when she is out and about with me. We still have our romps at the park where she can just sniff and explore, but pretty much everywhere else when Py is on the ground I'm in training mode. I almost always have a toy or cookies on me to reward her for offering behaviors and for keeping focus on me. If I'm not able to give her that feedback then I'm just scooping her up in my arms. Or in her group class she's either in my arms or in her crate for 80% of the class so that the remaining 20% she can give me full effort. An hour class is too long for any dog, but especially a puppy!
Still working lots on chase me games to try and cultivate a love for running. While Py is still fairly uncoordinated she is sure gaining speed. I can no longer out race her and I've added the words Go Go Go to her tiny vocabulary.
And Py continues to claim the highest point of the couch. She says it has the added bonus of easily being able to see whatever food I'm eating.
The Duck continues to be slightly bigger than the Teacup Labradors of Gracie and Fiona. She weighs 19lbs today!