Puppy Raiser Picnic

Today was the annual puppy raiser picnic for Can Do Canines so I took all 3 boys.  Chuck was very excited to see some of his siblings again as being apart for 1 day is rough!  (While I have had Chuck for 1 week the other puppies didn't go to their homes until Friday so Chuck has been coming into work with me some days and seeing them).


There were some little games set up for the puppy raisers and one that I was most excited about was the tennis ball retrieves.  About 50 balls were scattered about inside some ring barriers and the dog had to bring back as many as he could in 60seconds while the handler stood behind a line.  I knew that Vito would either rock the house or fail miserably.  Well in the first 5 seconds I could tell that it was going to be the latter.  Vito excitedly rushed to the pile and then went from ball to ball, picking up and dropping them as he went.  Impressively he would come when I called, but drop the ball.  Then he scattered some so they rolled outside of the ring and Vito would whine as he only wanted that one special ball.  Finally he started to get the hang of it, but alas time ran out after he brought 4.  The first place dog only brought 6 so I guess he didn't do too horrible, but I still think of all those balls that could have been mine!

Another game was a relay obedience race with stops along the way for the dog to sit and down.  3 dogs formed a team so I took the boys to the line!  Chuckles went first, followed by Lance, and Vito as anchor.  We flew through the course in record speed with Chuck even offering automatic sits at some of the halts and  going down for my hand signal each time!  I think it goes with out saying who the winning team was ;)

A dog park was next door so we all headed over after the festivities.  Chuck was in heaven since the park was laid in wood chips.   And Vito was happy so many people were there to throw the ball for him.  Lance just followed around barking.

A tired ride home.

Unknown  – ( June 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM )  

Congrats to the winning team - very well deserved! Sounds like an awesome time!

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( June 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM )  

I totally know what you mean about how they drain your emotions as much as your wallet.

That's a lot of medical issues for you to deal with! I'm so sorry your guys have so much going on. I really hope it all works out.

Don't worry about ranting in my blog, I don't mind! I totally understand the need to vent, especially when there's so much to worry about. Feel free to rant any time. It's a lot better to say it to other animal people who, if they had all the money in the world, wouldn't think twice about dropping thousands upon thousands of dollars for their babies.

Arwen  – ( June 11, 2010 at 7:26 AM )  

haha, I can just picture Vito with his mind blown... ZOMG, so many tennis balls!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( June 11, 2010 at 9:28 PM )  

That sounds like a fun day! The dogs must have been pooped after all of that... or not... lol.

Cinnamon and Mint  – ( June 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM )  

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time playing exciting games and winning the obedience race!

Thank you very much for giving a new insight on my behaviour when I am left alone. I think you are right. I am unhappy when left alone in my crate, perhaps because I have nothing to do there, rather than because I feel lonely.

Love,
Cinnamon

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"