CPE Trial

The boys had a CPE trial!  I worked a few classes on Saturday and then actually played today!

Lance:
Lance only had one run today.  I can't afford two dogs even with all my vouchers so while I am trying to get enough Q's to qualify Vito for CPE Nationals (held in MN next year!) Lance is on the sideline.

Apparently on the bench is where he needed to be.  His 4 on the floor after the aframe was horrid.  He leaped and took a few steps off the aframe before actually lying down.  Dogwalk was better at least.  The course itself ran fine but he is stuttering worse than ever.  Lance actually knocked 3 bars in a row on a simple straight stretch.

Vito:


Standard- Q
Yay Vito!  Running pretty fast and listened nicely.  He missed his weave entrance and popped in at the 3rd pole, while trying to redo he took an off course.  Teeter was the best he has ever done in a trial; only a tiny sniff and went right away into his 2o2o and no self doubting by going back to 4 on!  Dogwalk was perfect and great drive to the jump straight afterward.


Wildcard- NQ
Totally my fault.  Since I wanted to test his dogwalk again it meant I needed to push him out to the far jump in the beginning.  Problem was I didn't lead out far enough so wasn't anywhere near the position I needed to be in to prevent him from taking the more obvious jump straight in front after the tunnel.  Weaves were good and dogwalk was ok but a bit higher of a hit.  It was hard to tell from the camera angle if his feet were separated or not.  1st half wasn't caught on film.


Snooker- Q
Daddy was leash running and Vito was very distracted by him at the start line.  It wasn't the fastest but he listened well and we had no errors.  I think I held up my outside arm to cue the wrap too early but he didnt seem to care.  Didn't do his automatic down on the table, chose to sniff instead, but did lie down right away when asked.

Jumpers-Q
I was happy with this run.  He missed the 2nd jump in the serpentine (out) and we fixed it.  I'm pretty sure I was too late with my arm cue.

Overall:
I feel like we are finally starting to be a team when trialing.  He's actually listening to my handling instead of being completely obstacle focused.  We have another CPE trial next weekend and hopefully will get the last of our Q's to make nationals.

Megan  – ( November 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM )  

Vito looks amazing. I can't wait to see him running (in person) again! Nice training that shows in his beautiful trialling!

KLW @ Dog.Nerd.101  – ( November 22, 2010 at 10:32 PM )  

Hey Laura!
Thanks for checking out DogNerd... appreciate the feedback on the RC work. That dog walk on the Standard run was AWESOME! Nice work! Will keep checking back :)

Cynthia  – ( November 24, 2010 at 1:54 PM )  

Very cool! I love it when things come together. :)

Muttsandaklutz  – ( November 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM )  

Nice runs -- he sure does look happy! I have a feeling those last four Qs will be his very soon :-)

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( December 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM )  

I've been meaning to ask - Where did you get that nice green/blue lead that Vito has on in the last picture? I love those colors!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( December 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM )  

I got the leash/martingale from Chuckle Pup!!! She's new so her website isn't really up yet, but she has lots on facebook. Mainly does custom collars and leashes.

http://www.facebook.com/ChucklePup

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"