Lance's UD!!!!

The corgi did it!  Leg #2 on Saturday and #3 Sunday to get his UD!!! 
Video proof!!:


I have never been so thrilled about an accomplishment as I am right now!  I didn't think Sunday's performance was his best one (and was shocked at how generous the judge scored us with a 192!) but he certainly keeps his attitude up throughout.  As an interesting side note, Lance has earned all 3 of his AKC obedience titles at this venue!

Now I need to decide how to move forward.  I do want Lance to get his UDX but that's an expensive journey and funds are almost non existent.  With Lance's stay problems he had in going for his CDX (usually sat or stood on the long down) I'm not sure if I should just enter open to gauge his readiness or bite the bullet and enter both since he can certainly use more experience in utility as well.

Breakdown of Sunday's trial:

Signals- 2pts
Not as great attention as usual, he looked away a few times.  I'm not sure what happened on that first halt!  Signals were good and he didn't move on the stand again!  He finished without my cue, went as soon as I started to look down at him.  I had just started to give my hand signal when I saw the corgi already moving but the judge apparently didn't catch it.

Article 1&2- 1pt
Another confident and quick search of the piles!  Lance finished on the judges order on the first send but once again the judge didn't mark it.  I'm not sure how we've gotten so many free passes the last 2 days!

Glove (#2)- 1pt
I turn left to the #2 glove since Lance usually loves his left turns but like yesterday, Lance didn't go very smoothly with me.  I was a bit worried as I gave my mark as he was slightly facing the #3 glove, but since I went straight down with my hand and practically touched his head he never even looked at the #3.

Moving Stand -1pt
Forging was worse than yesterday if one can imagine.  He took 2 steps after I left him but didn't move during the exam itself at all.

Directed Jumping-3pts
Mostly straight go outs but Lance came in a tiny bit before sitting the first send.  Same on the second send but he decided not to sit.


Tegan  – ( December 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM )  

A huge congratulation on Lance's title. All the best with where ever you choose to go with him now. :)

Jennifer H.  – ( December 6, 2011 at 9:14 PM )  

How exciting!!!! You should be over the moon proud! Lance is a real pleasure to watch and is a super working Corgi!!! Way to go on getting your UD!!!

Lynnda L in Mpls  – ( December 7, 2011 at 1:04 AM )  

Whoo hoo! You go girl. Congratulations. [I have UD Envy....]
RE: What competition to enter when -- Think What Would Denise F. Do?

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( December 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM )  

OMG that is soooo exciting, I am doing the happy dance for you guys! You have to be soooo proud that is a great accomplishment, whooo hooot, what a great team!

Jen  – ( December 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM )  

Congratluations!! He's such a happy little guy!

Kathie R  – ( December 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM )  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The UD is a great accomplishment. And, what a super job you two did!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM )  

That is AWESOME! Go corgi go! You must be very very proud of your little guy :-D Congrats!!

Dizzy  – ( December 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM )  

Yay for you and Lance! Congratulations!

Loretta Mueller  – ( December 12, 2011 at 2:25 PM )  

A million CONGRATS!!!!!!! GO LANCE!!!!! Love that little dude!

Achieve1dream  – ( January 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM )  

That is so awesome! Congrats! You are doing such a great job with your boys.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"