Chuck Update

Photo by Paul Dols
Chuck, the service dog I raised prior to Fiona, is doing well!  I didn't share it here, but there was a possibility he was going to be career changed from his  life as a mobility dog.  Since he was a puppy Chuck would sometimes leak when resting.  It worsened as he grew and he was put on Proin which seemed to manage it well.  We were up front about Chuck's daily medicine and because of the cheapness of it he was matched a mobility dog.  Things were going fabulous until a few months ago when Chuck's leakiness reappeared and increasing his Proin did not help.

Miraculously several donors chipped in and Chuck had a surgery that had a chance of fixing the problem.  Thankfully the surgery worked and Chuck is eagerly back hard at work!

A link to a nice article is here.

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( March 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM )  

That's so cool! Is he black though? I always thought he was chocolate.

They even mentioned you!

My seeing eye puppy that I raised was in an article too, but I lost it :(

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM )  

Yeah, Chuck is chocolate :) And the foster and trainer living part wasn't quite true as technically I was both so he never moved. I'm just glad he didn't have to be retired at 2yrs! His momma just loves him.

andrea  – ( March 22, 2012 at 7:51 AM )  

YAY Chuck ... so glad to hear all is well with him ...
what a sweetie pie

Ninso  – ( March 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM )  

Yay Chuck!! So glad to hear he's doing well!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( March 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM )  

Good going Chuck, so glad they could help him and glad he is doing GREAT

Achieve1dream  – ( April 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM )  

I always wondered how they exercise assistance dogs when they live alone. I like the idea of volunteer walkers. I would so do that if I knew someone with an assistance dog who needed help. :)

I'm so glad he was able to have the surgery and that he made a full recovery! That is so awesome. :) Thanks for sharing the story with us. You did such a fantastic job with Chuck!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"