Lance's First Agility Trial!!

Lance had his very first agility trial today! Snookers was first in what I found out was supposedly a very stupid decision :P When I was deciding what events to enter on Sunday I just looked for events that had a good chance pf having no contacts. But I wasn't aware that everyone would laugh at me and tell me how brave I was for entering snookers at my first trial. For the non agility people, snookers is a strategy game but one where the team can be whistled off for silly things like off courses and dropped red bars :)

Well Lance was amazing! Not only did we complete our opening nicely, but we also made it through the entire closing for our first Q, a score of 46pts, and 1st place! But what I am most proud of is how well we actually ran together. There were zero bobbles and he listened so nicely to me :)

Next up was jumpers and I again couldn't be more pleased! We again finished the course with a clean run for a Q and 1st place :)

I am so proud of the little corgi! Lots and lots of pros for the weekend. The only con I can think of is Lance's speed. While Lance ran through the courses decently, they were not close to top speed. I think I've been realizing though that Lance will pretty much go at whatever speed I run. In practice he loves to chase after me. But in a trial I was very nervous and wanted to make sure we hit everything right so I didn't run as fast. And hopefully with more experience the corgi will get confident to start pushing things!




Lindsay  – ( November 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM )  

Loved the video! Those were beautiful runs! Congratulations on the Q's!

Dexter  – ( November 16, 2009 at 5:57 AM )  

Lance! You were great. And your mom's footwork was so smooth too. I knew right where you were supposed to go just by watching her.

I go back to agility on Saturday. I will be lucky if my mom doesn't fall on her face let alone show me what obstacle to do.

Kisses,
Dexter

Achieve1dream  – ( November 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM )  

Alright!! Congratulations! That was awesome. I'm so happy for you. Wow Lance! You rock!

Kathie R  – ( November 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM )  

Congratulations Laura and Lance! Great runs!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM )  

Great job! Too funny about Snooker being your first EVER run in a trial. And, you aced it to boot! What a way to start your and Lance's agility trial career. I'm sure he'll get even speedier with confidence and when you run faster too. Walter is the same, runs as fast as I do so I have to remember to run fast, but I often forget :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"