Turns for the Vito & Session 1, again, for Lance

I'm very determined to get some turns on the dogwalk!  Here's where we are at so far, not entirely sure what I think of them yet.  I think there will be a problem down the road.  Jump is at just over 90 degrees and he's starting at the top of the down ramp.



 Some sexy straight ones.  They make me happier.

As for the corgi I was fortunate enough to have a long talk with a wonderful person who has been doing running contacts in some form or another for many many years.  She recommended I do Trkman style running contacts with Lance.  And since I'm already going to be retraining anyway I might as well do both the dogwalk and aframe.

Lance had his 2nd first session last night.  I have to say that I was a little sad that Lance didn't once offer his 4 on the floor.  Granted I'm not cuing it, but come on I thought he could show a little bit of hesitation or longing for his old criteria!  Ok I'm really happy as it means less work for me on having to get rid of it but still.  I put him over the lowered dogwalk just to see what he would do and the answer was run, jump, whee!  Happy flying corgi.  

So we're starting with a lowered plank.  Great news is that as well as having no sad feelings for leaving behind his 4 on the floor, I felt happy with rewarding everything.  I was going to treat everything anyways just to teach him that I DID want him to continue and not stop but there were no flying corgis on the low board.  A few weird ones, but no obvious leaps into space like I had during our 1st first session.  And slow mo is nice, I can see tiny split legs.

Achieve1dream  – ( March 2, 2011 at 8:12 AM )  

As you know I don't know anything about contacts, but I do love watching the videos. Did Vito almost fall during his second movie? I think I saw his paws slipping off of the walk.

What program do you use for the slow motion? I used to have one that did it, but the program that came with my laptop doesn't have the option and I miss it.

Thanks for commenting on Jackal's video. I think he's doing better too and the funny thing is I haven't worked with him on it since the last video lol. I need to give the dog some credit lol. I still can't believe he was offering it before I even asked. :) I'll keep working on duration. Thanks again for you help!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM )  

Yeah Vito did slip on one of the full dogwalk ones. It happens every now and then but thankfully not too often!

I use Sony Vegas. You have to buy the program but it's what I make all of my movies on.

I used to use Windows Movie Maker as it comes free on PC's and it was nice (I don't know how to do slow motion on it though) but since i make so many videos I spurged and bought a nicer program a few years ago.

Dogs are smart, they learn despite us!

Achieve1dream  – ( March 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM )  

Yeah I'm using Windows Movie Maker and it doesn't have a slow motion option. In fact it just doesn't have many options at all. Maybe when we get our tax money I'll get Sony Vegas. Is it difficult to learn to use?

I like 'dogs are smart, they learn despite us'. I think that needs to be my new slogan. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"