Lance CDSP Obedience

CDSP obedience trial this weekend.  Two trials each day and Lance was entered in all 4 runs.

#1 Open- Q and Title!
More distracted than usual.  Did great when working but in between exercises he seemed kinda scattered.  More forging than the past trials.

The running broad jump was not really a team exercise!  Lance shot off and I ran to keep up.  He took several strides after the jump before I called him back but at least we were in no danger of cutting the corner!  He then danced around in front position before going to heel.

Drop on recall was not as snappy as I would like.  Retrieves were fine minus the finishes.

I was really happy with his go out.   It wasn't straight, he veered off a few feet to the left, but he went out happily and touched the gate like a good boy. 

This run got Lance his CDX-C title and I moved up him up to utility for his other 3 runs.  I really wanted to have Lance in utility where I can give him treats and encouragement before putting him in AKC utility!

#2 Utility- NQ
Lance was much more focused this run!  Still forging like crazy.  Did his signals really well and thought about taking the jump on the recall.  He ran right to it but then veered off at the last second!

He found his article and had no hesitation on the return!!!

Go outs were entertaining.  Lance headed straight for the jump on the right, took it and paused for a tiny bit, looked at me and then confidently ran to the other jump before coming back and fronting.  On the 2nd send he went straight for the jump again but this time I tried to interrupt him and send him back.  I unfortunately didn't even use the right words but I doubt he would have gone out if I had.  Lance hopped back over the same jump and came to front.  He tried so hard!

I was happy with both glove sends.  On the first one he looked at the jump on the return but I called him back to me.  The second time he had the middle glove and came straight back.

Moving Stand he moved his feet again as soon as I left him but was good for the exam itself.  His finish was horrid.

#3 Utility- NQ
He did his go outs!!!

The signal exercise was done very close in and not near a jump so Lance didn't have to think whether he should take it or not on the recall.  Articles were again fast and happy.  And his go outs were both lovely all the way to touch the gate and straight :)   Our first glove send was #3 and Lance veered for for #2 so an NQ.  The judge had us repeat #3 again on the 2nd send and he did great.  The moving stand Lance again moved 2 steps when I left but was perfectly fine with the judge kneeing down for the exam.  Another horrible finish.

#4 Utility- Q!
Our first utility leg!!!  I completely messed up the signal exercise.  I forgot if I was supposed to stop with him on the stand or if it was a moving stand so I stopped mid step and then I forgot to give him a stay cue as I left.  Lance started coming with me but stopped when I actually did give him my stay signal.  Scent articles were good except for him starting to finish on the judge's cue :)

Go outs were great!!!  Lance was happy and again ran to touch his gate.  The first send he ignored my sit cue and turned around to bop the gate again.  I gave him a 2nd command to sit which he also ignored but stayed out there looking at me.  The 2nd send out was good and I gave a more firm verbal sit.   Gloves were good, we had #2 and then #1.  I saw Lance looking at the jump on his 2nd return so I told him to come.  Moving stand Lance wasn't as sure about the judge kneeling down this time.  He took a step and leaned away, but at least he didn't move as I walking this time.

Video:

Overall
Woo hoo!  I am so glad a CDSP trial was offered so we could play in the utility ring before we venture into AKC utility next month.  I don't know if Lance is quite ready to do go outs in new places but he is having a blast with everything.

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( July 31, 2011 at 7:09 PM )  

Congratulations!! Wow a new title AND a Utility leg. That's awesome!

Kathie R  – ( July 31, 2011 at 10:21 PM )  

Congratulations! Lance looked great in the Utility video. I didn't know what CDSP stood for so I googled it. Looks like it would be a fun venue to trial in.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( July 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM )  

CDSP is a really nice since you can give treats in between exercises and praise your dog DURING exercises! It's like a fun match but with the pressure of being a trial :)

Ninso  – ( August 1, 2011 at 11:33 AM )  

I have been really wanting to get back into obedience trials lately, and I would LOVE to try CDSP!! It's been too long!

Ninso  – ( August 1, 2011 at 11:36 AM )  

Oh, and his scent articles looked great! He looked really confident and happy!

Cynthia  – ( August 2, 2011 at 11:22 AM )  

Congrats on the first Utility leg! So much can go wrong in Utility, it's impressive to Q! :)

Muttsandaklutz  – ( August 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM )  

Congrats on his title and already a Q in his new level! Great stuff little man!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"