Moving

Fiona has been very helpful during the move.
This last month has been extremely crazy for us.  We were renting a basement of a friend's house and she decided she had to sell so thus we had to be out.  We had a months notice but with 9 pets and no money, finding a place to live is no easy task.  The only option available to us is finding a duplex.  Of course you slowly work in the pet aspect after you get the showing and we only have "2 small dogs and 3 ferrets."  I couldn't lie on having the ferrets.  They DO have a smell and I knew it would get us evicted if the landlord ever happened to stop by.    But the good news is we finally found a place, with only 10 days to spare! We couldn't exactly be picky.

We moved in this past weekend.  The kitty went on meds a week ago in order to prepare for the puppy and the move.  He's had blockages before due to stress of foster dogs and we had already decided if he has urinary troubles again we will have to consider rehoming him.  While he doesn't act stressed with new dogs and actually flaunts himself in their faces it's not safe nor in our budget to have him get blocked again.  Fingers crossed he seems to be doing just fine.


We picked up a new couch left on the side of the road..
Vito also went on Alprazolam again.  We've been giving 2.5 in the AM and 1 in the PM to try and calm him down.  It's been very stressful for him this weekend but I think he is doing ok.

The place itself is ok.  It is a very small 1 bedroom duplex.  Most of the doors were off their hinges and we're missing half of the screens.  Lance got locked in the bedroom for a few hours when the door handle broke off and I need to take the pliers in with me to the shower so I can turn on the cold water.  But it really isn't that bad.  We took some extra fence panels from work and fenced in a very small yard for the dogs along the side of the house About 9ft wide including a little cement walkway and the length of the house. 

 We're still waiting for our internet modem so forgive me if I haven't been around to visit blogs and stalk on facebook.

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( July 7, 2011 at 4:22 PM )  

Moving is the WORST but it will be a distant memory soon!

BTW, Fiona is the reason I could never do what you do- one look at that face and she'd never leave. Is it possible that she is the cutest puppy on the planet?

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( July 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM )  

Ahh but I'm not a lab person at all! Now if I were to raise a toller or any herding breed that would be hard to give up!

I just met Chuckles person today and seeing her immense joy makes everything worth it. We do have a litter of 9 born yesterday that will need homes soon ;)

Muttsandaklutz  – ( July 7, 2011 at 7:32 PM )  

Hoo boy, that sounds like a stressful situation for all of you. Glad to hear things worked out with the new place and hope everyone settles in.

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( July 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM )  

Oh wow! That's tough. I understand how hard it is to find ANY affordable place, let alone a place that's pet friendly. I'm glad you've got a duplex though, at least you'll have some privacy.

Good luck with getting settled in!

Jaana  – ( July 9, 2011 at 3:55 AM )  

Sounds like a home in the making :) Fingers crossed for the kitty!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( July 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM )  

wow, so glad you found a new home and sounds like everyone has a good start settling in ;-). I am sure it will be a great home for everyone. Very cool you found a new couch-it looks like it is being put to good use already! Thanks for visiting my blog and making such a nice comment about my daughters swimming ;-).

Cynthia  – ( July 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM )  

Glad you found a new place! It is really hard with lots of animals. When I was much younger and only had one dog, I couldn't find a place to rent, so I ended up buying a house. Which was a better idea anyway. :)

Achieve1dream  – ( July 12, 2011 at 8:27 PM )  

Wow, that really sucks. Sorry you had to move and the place isn't that nice. I hope it all works out for you and I'm glad you found a place because finding apartments with animals can be difficult. The dog yard doesn't sound bad. Mine is about the same size except they do have the back deck which is pretty big. I'm sure they will be fine with it. I hope your cat is okay. Update when you can, but we understand if you're scarce for a little while.

andrea  – ( July 12, 2011 at 8:58 PM )  

yikes! glad you got moved ok - I hate moving and moving multiple animals makes it even less fun (says the woman who moves 30+ every July and September)
glad you are upstairs now and glad you figured out a yard of sorts :)

Eapen@ClickerTrainingDogs  – ( July 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM )  

I find your blog quite interesting but haven't read so much of your posts due to lack of time. Forgive me for that. I will from now on. Read this one - every move is pretty hard esp. with so many pets around. Glad that you got a nice house. Enjoy your stay !

Unknown  – ( July 20, 2011 at 6:18 AM )  

Gosh - what a stressful time you've been having! I can so relate with the challenge of finding somewhere to rent - although I only had the trouble of 1 dog...but somehow when you mention "Great Dane" - that gets a lot of doors shut in your face very quickly! :-) Glad you managed to find somewhere before your deadline. Will you be there for a while now? Hope the landlord helps you sort out the place...although again, I know exactly what you mean about "not being picky" - we always seem to start our search with a list as long as our arm of what we MUST have in the house and by the time we're finished, we're so desperate that the only thing on our list is "accept Honey"!! :-)

Hope Vito & Luke do OK and don't get too stressed by things!

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"