Vito Obedience Practice

I was just uploading some footage I took today of Vito's training session and came across one I did last month.  It's good to video tape sessions every now and then.  Even if you don't ever look at the footage I find it makes me more conscious of what I'm rewarding and how often.  Actually reviewing the tape is great to help keep you honest on your own skills and of course to see the tiny steps of progress that can occur in the dog's training.

This is the one from a few weeks ago.  Mainly we were working on not forging in heeling, and at the time the behind the back switch to reward was new.  Now he can do a left spin to a behind move!  We also worked on go outs- building distance and going out between the jumps.  You can see how he likes to cheat on the touch and I'm not consistent with it.  And how he archs quite a bit on the sit.  And then a few signals and drop on recalls.  Always needing work on not moving on the down.

Anonymous  –   – ( June 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM )  

This made me smile :) I love your and Vito's energy!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"