Comparison of Agility Organizations

I have been trying to encourage several newbies to the agility world to start trialing.  There are SO many options in the U.S. and it can be daunting to know where to start.  A google search of agility organization venus brings up a few links, but most were very outdated.  So I decided to create my own spreadsheet!

I included USDAA, NADAC, CPE, and UKI which I have personally competed in.  I also included what I have heard about AKC and ASCA.  If any of my information is wrong, please post a comment and I'll update it!  If you know about other organizations and want to share their details I'll include them!

http://1drv.ms/1AZXqMG

While I have my personal favorites we are lucky to have so many flavors that a team can find the one that best suits their style.


In case the link doesn't work for you, here are screenshots of the excel spreadsheet.



Lynnda L in Mpls  – ( March 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM )  

Two comments --
AKC judges Refusals at all levels but scores them differently. I believe Novice is allowed 2 Refusals & can still qualify and in Open 1 Refusal [none in Excellent & Masters]. See regs. Broad jump required in Novice.
In USDAA dogs DO jump higher than their withers -- over 12" & under 17" jump 16" and over 17" & under 21" jump 22", etc. I thought the new 14" & 18" were optional. Dogs under 12" still jump 12" -- wonder why there are not a lot of little dogs doing USDAA? Also spread jumps are the widest of all the orgs.
Thanks for the chart!

Lynnda L in Mpls  – ( March 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM )  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM )  

Thanks for the catch on USDAA Lynnda, just a typo with a drastically different meaning!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"