Super Weaving Vito!

The past few weeks I have been able to go to open agility time at the club and yesterday found out that Vito can weave!  I have no idea how, but Vito was doing a standard set of 12 poles.  The only time I have ever practiced Vito's weaving was in class once a week.  We started Vito on 2x2's in class and he did gain the concept quickly but I never bothered closing the poles because of his age.  Well yesterday in class I started Vito on the offsets which he did really nicely at all angles and at speed.  And then just for my own curiosity I took him over to the normal set of weaves and suddenly I found Vito just doing them!  Honestly I have no clue how Vito is able to do this!  I feel like he has even surpassed Lance who has only recently started to work on straight set.  For non-agility people, weaves are something that everyone says can not be taught once a week in class.  Everyone needs to have their own set of poles if they ever expect their dog to learn how to weave fast and without handler assistance.

So yay Vito for making me look good!  I think I'll still work him on the offsets for most of his training though because he does need a lot more work on collecting himself out of a tunnel and all that jazz.

In January both dogs will be moving to new agility classes.  Vito will be taking Lance's spot at TCOTC as Vito's current class has too many dogs with "focus" issues and I'm unable to make any other times there.  I think Lance's class will be a really good fit for him though as it has the space to allow us to go off and work something little by ourselves and most dogs are at his level.  Lance will be going to another training school, Agile Canines, which I am super psyched about!  The school has an amazing reputation and hopefully it'll actually be at the right level for him since he has long outgrown his current classmates.  I look forward to learning a lot!

Achieve1dream  – ( December 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM )  

Good luck with the new school! Can't wait to hear updates.

Dawn  – ( December 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM )  

That is wonderful about the weaves. I am hoping to be able to take a few classes at Agile Canines too. I did sign up for a seminar with Magic.

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM )  

What a smart little man Vito is! Took me forever and a day to explain to my dogs how to weave and that was after having bought my own set to train on at home.

Have fun at your new classes!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"