Lance NADAC trial 3-20-10

Saturday was spent at Lance's 2nd NADAC trial.



Regular- Novice:

First event of the day and I had no clue how it was going to go.  This would be the first time doing the contact obstacles in the ring and I had planned that Lance should be ready for it by this trial.  And we would have been, if I hadn't just completely switched Lance's dogwalk criteria 3 weeks ago because of impact concerns.  I figured that Lance would stop at the bottom of the dogwalk and aframe but wasn't sure what flavor of stopped performance he would pick from.  Either way I decided that I wouldn't care what he did since the poor guy is probably very confused.

It started jump-dog walk which I was glad for since I figured Lance would have good drive on it.  And he did drive to it, but then he slowed down on the up side and looked a little hesitant.  As I shouted out praise he quickly sped up again.  I'm not sure if the ever slight hesitation was due to the slatless rubber contacts which he hasn't seen much of before, or simply because it was his first time on the dog walk in a competition.  But guys, what I'm most excited about is Lance nailing his four on the floor!  He didn't stop in his old 2o2o, he didn't even lie down in that position but actually downed right after it!  It wasn't perfect, but I am very happy.  Then there was our first aframe-tunnel discrimination test which I pushed him out for and he also got!  And once more he nailed his 4 on the floor, although crooked again!  Oh, and weave poles were great too!  What a perfect way to start off the trial!  I'm not willing to bet anything that he would do those contacts perfect again, but I'm still very proud of the corgi.

Tunnelers- Novice
Lance had a great drive through those first tunnels!  No need to look back at mom, he knew where he was going!  Some of his turns were a little wide but I'll take it with the speed he had going and hopefully it will tighten up with experience.

Jumpers- Novice
Last event and Lance was a bit slower but it was an easy course and we had no issues.

Pepper  – ( March 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM )  

Hey Laura, I'm new to the blogging "game" and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog, your training is really inspirational and your animals are just gorgeous! Good job on those contacts!
Emily & Pepper

Arwen  – ( March 22, 2010 at 6:04 AM )  

Looks great - I love his happy grin all the way through. And tunnelers looks like SO much fun, I really hope there's a club near here who does that by the time I'm ready for it :-)

Dexter  – ( March 22, 2010 at 6:19 AM )  

LANCE! You were totally amazing! Of course my momma was scratching her head that your mom could do everything in the proper order. She gets so confused at agilities school.

You hit all your contacts too! Way to go. I like the way you jump through the hoops even though you don't have to. They should give you extra style points for that.

Kisses,
Dexter

Dawn  – ( March 22, 2010 at 6:47 AM )  

Nice job and wonderful weekend. Looks like you had great courses. Let us know what the next NADAC your are thinking of and maybe Magic and I could come play too.

Megan  – ( March 22, 2010 at 2:25 PM )  

You had a REALLY awesome day. SUPER nice job with his contacts, and nailing that weave entry. So glad I was able to see it. Your little corgi is SPEEDY!

Sorry about the regular run wonky videoing!

Ninso  – ( March 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM )  

Nice job! Looked like Lance was having fun out there!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( March 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM )  

Super runs! Lance looks like such a sweet, honest dog, trying his best -- and having a great time doing it. Congrats on his contact performance too!

Achieve1dream  – ( April 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM )  

Great job!! Fantastic super smart little corgi dog!!!! Love you Lance!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"