Ferret thief

Lance was a complete idiot in training today. We were working on a discrimination challenge for Go Click and he was doing ok, when all of a sudden his food disappears down hole. Lance lost it. I had set his food dish on top of some of ferret furniture (see picture below) when naughty Opie poked through the top opening and managed to spill the dish all the way down the toy.

I put Lance in a stay while I shake the tube upside down, throw Opie aside, and repeat until I think I recover every last kibble. But we resume training and Lance has reverted back to kindergarten. He repeatedly mobs my hand with his kibble, keeps offering his "speed bump" trick, goes back to mobbing my hand, grunts, and just acts like an idiot. Apparently the thought of a ferret making off with his dinner was too much for the little guy.

Pepper  – ( April 14, 2010 at 1:24 AM )  

Haha oh poor Lance, although I think I'd feel similar if a feret stole my dinner.
Emily

Unknown  – ( April 14, 2010 at 2:38 AM )  

Oh Lance - I don't blame you! I'd be acting all crazy too if a ferret was stealing MY dinner! ;)

SLobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Dexter  – ( April 14, 2010 at 5:31 AM )  

Poor Lance! Having mom withhold treats is one thing, but the ferrets too? Most upsetting. I can understand why he went cracker dog.

Slobbers,
Mango

Dawn  – ( April 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM )  

Well any self respecting Corgi is going to need to know where his food is. Its HIS! Poor guy, I bet he is starving too. LOL!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"