June goals

May Progress:

1.  Disc practice at least once a week- I'm pretty sure that I made it out once on both the 1st and 2nd week of May.  Both extremely windy days and we didn't have much success.  I think 4 days of a disc dog seminar made up for it though.

2. Up distraction on go outs for Lance- Started.  Lance has been sent to a variety of new walls this month and many trees.  He is also doing well with food and cones out close to his path.  Sometimes he still wants to veer around objects before going back to his line but he's doing better about it.

3. Tricks- Dismal.  I've been doing a little bit of work on Silvia Trkman's drumming challenge as I mentioned earlier this month.  Lance is really getting it and of course everything a corgi does is cute.  Chuck is just an idiot and lazily twitches a foot.

4. Toller obedience-  I'm really not sure what to do with him.  He is doing so much better with agility training but still isn't on for obedience.  He is starting to have more good days than bad at least.  Training at home is non existent though.  He is not working well for his dinner and won't even get off the couch some days if I have his food bowl out.  I'm not good about training at other times of the day with toys or treats so we're not accomplishing anything unless we're at the club. 


June Goals:
1. Disc- Practice fidgets and floating the disc while sitting on the couch.  Take out the toller at least once a week.

2. Weaning off the food rewards for Lance's utility exercises unless I'm proofing.  He's really getting a good basic understanding of the exercises now.

3. Freestyle routine- I'm supposed to be working on a simple routine for Honey's blog.  Must hop to it quickly!

4.  What to do with this?

 

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( June 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM )  

First of all, I love your new header pic!

I haven't been doing obedience with Layla very much. I've had to skip the past few Wednesday trainings, some from my own schedule and some from Ann's. Next week I can't make it either. I have to find the motivation to do small things at home.

I've been more motivated to be training tricks though. Hopefully I'll have some completed ones to share soon :)

Unknown  – ( June 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM )  

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you're still taking part in the dancing! I was beginning to worry since I hadn't heard you mention it at all! Are you going to put in that Cop-Cop move? Lance always looks so cute whatever he's doing, anyway! :-) Can't wait to see what you come up with! Better pull your socks up - only 10 days left until the deadline!!

Hsin-Yi

Unknown  – ( June 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM )  

ps. did I say? Your new header photo is just GORGEOUS!!!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 5, 2011 at 10:34 PM )  

Oh don't worry Hsin-Yi, I am working on it, kinda! There's just been nothing to post since I haven't done anything with the corgi yet. It's just been me putting the routine together.

The header is kind've ironic now though. i've had Chuck for over a year and just added him to the header last month. and now he's going to be going soon, just matched with a client today!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"