We qualified!!!

Lance got utility leg #1 today!!!  I don't think I've ever been this excited before about a qualifying score!  The judge was very nice and complimented us nicely although he lectured me on not sitting Lance until after he went to the gate.  I thanked him and responded that I was planning on letting him touch until he got into the B classes but he kindly disagreed with my logic so now I'm doubting my decision.


Signals
Once again Lance forged like crazy on our start but he then seemed to settle in nicely for for some decent heeling.  And we actually had a good halt!  He took a step when I left him on the stand but then did his signals nicely.

Articles
Oh my goodness!  Lance went straight to the pile and was FAST!  I don't think I've ever seen him so confident in articles, even during practice.  He didn't mouth a single one, didn't second guess himself, and was just so happy, both times!!!  And considering last night all he wanted to do was bring me metal articles this was a huge surprise to me :)

Gloves
We had #2 and I decided to do a left pivot to it as Lance sometimes prefers #1.  It wasn't the smoothest pivot but it worked and he didn't even glance at #1.

Moving Stand
Huge forging off the start, so much so that I wasn't even sure if I could reach my hand out far enough to give him the stay signal!  While he initially stopped nicely, he glanced at the crowd as I was walking and took an additional step.  Much better than the last trials at least.  After the exam he again looked at the crowd so I used his name as well as my verbal and signal for the around.

Directed Jumping
Straight go outs!!!  We had glove #2 so I'm sure that helped a lot.  He went all the way to the gate and touched both times as well.  And we did both jumps this time :) 

---
And in other news, Lance made the Front and Finish Ratings as the #9 P.W.Corgi in Open A for 2010 :)

Kathie R  – ( October 1, 2011 at 6:11 PM )  

NICELY DONE!!!! Big congrats on your first utility leg. You're really looking good!

Lynnda L  –   – ( October 2, 2011 at 1:30 AM )  

Whoo hoo, a Utility Q!! Glad Lance had confidence with the articles. Did you get points off for touching the gate on the Go Out?

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( October 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM )  

Thank you. We did get points off for the gate touch. Surprisingly it wasn't as much as I was expecting, only 1.5pts although he said he would have taken more if we were in B.

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( October 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM )  

Awesome!! Makes me want to go finish teaching my dogs obedience. :)

Lynnda L in Mpls  – ( October 3, 2011 at 8:48 PM )  

I finally got a chance to view the video you thoughtfully shared. The "gate touches" on the Go Outs are quite noticeable. Ahh, the judge is Mr. Phil, who has not met an opinion of his own that he doesn't like [to share]. But he sure does know the rules and The Scene -- not sure if he has one or two [or 3] OTCH dogs. That said, you might want to train based on your philosophy. I don't know how far you are looking to go, but you might want to get Ms. Fenzi's thoughts on this. Good luck on upcoming competition.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( October 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM )  

I really like Phil a lot but he sure wasn't quiet with his advice! Three times he told me his opinion :)

Great idea, I now turn to facebook!

Unknown  – ( October 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM )  

Big congratulations to Lance! well done!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"