Poor Corgi

Sad corgi is sad.


He has a gigantic hot spot on his neck and has spent the last few days playing musical kennels.  Lance's version is spending all day sitting in the kennel, not lying down, and occasionally going to sit in Fiona's.

Pre Shave
He has been giving me death stares when we have to apply ointment to it but to his credit he hasn't even tried to snap even though he must really be hurting.

Lance went to the vet today to have the area shaved and to get some antibiotics.  I had Adam take him but ended up having to drive down to hold him for the shaving.  The corgi had enough and wouldn't hold still so they were going to have to sedate him since there's not an easy way to restrain for a neck shave.  Luckily when I arrived he let me hold his head.  And then went and hid behind the potted plant.  The poor guy didn't even come out for dinner tonight until after Fiona and Vito had some training and I had to coax him out :(

After Shave

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( April 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM )  

Ow - poor guy :( That looks painful. Hope he feels better very soon

K-Koira  – ( April 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM )  

Ouch. Poor little corgi man. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon, that looks painful.

Dexter  – ( April 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM )  

Ugh. Hot spots are such a pain and they get HUGE before you know it. That's a really awkward place to have one. I hope he can leave it be so it heals.

Mango Momma

Ninso  – ( April 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM )  

Poor Corgi! I hope he heals up quickly!

Anonymous  –   – ( April 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM )  

Poor poor boy! And you too. That looks so sore!

(anon only cause I cant seem to sign in)

Unknown  – ( April 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM )  

Oh no! Poor Lance! Seriously, if you hadn't told me what it was, I would have thought he had been savaged by a wild beast at the throat! It looks awful!! :-( Hope it heals quickly...poor thing!

Hsin-Yi

Achieve1dream  – ( April 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM )  

Poor Lance!!! We always used Gold Bond powder on hot spots because it helps dry them up. I hope he heals up quickly!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( April 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM )  

Oh frig -- poor guy! That looks nasty :-((( Heal up quickly, little guy!

Craig Junior  –   – ( January 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM )  

Jesus, how'd he get the hot spot? The thing is right on his throat! Seeing these kind of photos makes me hate people at times. Not you guys of curse, but people who have this mentality that animals can be treated in any way that person sees fit because they're "lesser" than humans. Such mentality sickens me to the very marrow of my bones!

Craig Junior  –   – ( January 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM )  

course*, not curse.

Craig Jr.  –   – ( January 26, 2017 at 4:02 PM )  

Okay, I feel stupid now. I originally came across the photo from a google search looking for Corgi photos to use as a reference photo for a drawing I wanted to create, however as I came across this photo I clicked on it instinctively. I didn't read the whole site information at first, to be honest I felt no need, my original glance made me assume that this site was a site about animals rescued from abusive owners. That's why i lashed out as I did.

I'm sorry to have offended any of you for what I said, I shouldn't have made that assumption the way i did. I hope y'all can forgive me on that.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"