La Crosse NADAC trial

We took the boys down to La Crosse for a NADAC trial.  Lance was the only one pre-entered due to the 2.5hr drive and we decided to let Vito decide the morning of.  Had Adam get up way before the crack of dawn so Vito could get his drugs 2 hrs before the possible car ride.  While calm before leaving the house doesn't automatically mean it's going to be a worry free drive, a panting Vito on wake up certainly predicts that the drive is not going to be a good one.  Lucky for me, Vito actually woke up very calm and sleepy at the final alarm clock and thus got to come with!  And even better, he forgot that he distrusted the car and slept most of the way down!

Vito went 3/3 and seemed to get more excited each run.  His dogwalks seemed to be back to more of a running dogwalk versus a trotting dogwalk- and as a Vito Bonus, the regular courses each had the dogwalk done twice and the chances course main challenge was the dogwalk at a distance :)  The chances course also finished up his open versatility title.  Our only big bobble of the day was me pulling him in too much on the aframe/tunnel discrimination as Vito decided to skip both and come to me instead.  I was thrilled to have him yell at me as we circle back and he didn't lose any speed from my error.


Lance also had a perfect day of 4/4!  His jumping looked amazing too!  I don't think there was a single stutter in the first 3 runs of the day and jumpers had only a few.  Contact criteria of 4On was also much more confident except for the first aframe.
And Lance nailed the chances course for our elusive hunt for a chances Q.  I must say it was the easiest one I've seen in a long time though and the qualifying rate certainly reflected that.  Instead of only the sad rate of 2-4 Q's that I usually see, I think only 4 people didn't qualify in all levels.

Karissa  – ( September 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM )  

Both dogs looked great! I was happy to see that Vito got to come along, too -- he's such a fun dog to watch run. His dog walks are like, wow. :o)

I should have known that Jim would bring a fun set of courses with him. Boo for not running, but I still figure it was in the best interest of my dogs.

I knew that the Chances course had a high Q-rate, but didn't realize it was quite THAT high. lol Every NQ that I saw happened on the dog walk (with maybe one dog who's dw was questionable and then ran over the line). Wasn't really much else that could go wrong on that one.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( September 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM )  

Thanks Karissa! The courses were definitely Vito courses!
You should see his dogwalk in practice though :)

Merinda  – ( September 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM )  

Lance's jumping looked great!
And Vito was on fire!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"