Vito CPE Agility Saturday!

Vito's 2nd CPE trial was today!  I entered him in 3 events, two of which I could make up my own course to test him.

I was thrilled to see that Jackpot had the dog walk and designed it so I could test him twice on it to see where his running contacts are at.  I am pleased to say that it was awesome!  You're going to have to take my word for it since my camera man didn't actually hit record, but we started with jump-dogwalk-weaves and Vito ran all the way down, not even close to a jump, and nailed his weaves.  He did seem confused after that as he looked around for a second and then sprinted off briefly in a direction before I called him back.  I really think he wanted to know where his toy was hiding!  He then nailed his gamble but I forgot he has a 2o2o on the teeter; I actually was confused as to why he was stopping on the teeter.  Vito did stop and wait, but was 4 on instead of his 2o2o.  He has been doing that in class recently too so it's something we need to work on.   We then did the dogwalk again and he nailed it again!  Didn't drive to the jump straight ahead as he started curling back to me, but at least it was a really lovely contact and he didn't look back at me until after he was a few strides off of it.  Both dogwalks today weren't as fast as he normally runs his dogwalk, but I am super excited about his contact performance. 

Colors was a good run but Vito wasn't commiting to the jumps as well and we NQed.  I fixed one missed jump, but didn't bother fixing the second missed one.  I'm pretty happy with his performance though and just think he needs more confidence.

Last was snooker and Vito started out great but then really didn't seem to like my very twisty plan to get two 7's.  He switched from running mode to frolicking.  I also screwed up my plan at the third red jump and decided to let Vito go on to get #5.  Closing went well, his aframe was decent, but we got an off course red before #7.  We still qualify though :)

So yay baby dog!  I really think we are doing well and couldn't be more pleased with his dogwalks today.   I think with more experience Vito will get more confidence in the ring and we will be able to have some prettier, faster dances.

Cinnamon and Mint  – ( August 15, 2010 at 6:12 AM )  

I forgot to answer your question. Here in New Zealand, all dog sport competitions are run under the umbrella of the New Zealand Kennel Club, although each competition is usually hosted by a dog training club.

Watch 'em RUN  – ( August 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM )  

Awesome Job for Vito! Did you camera man get any of the runs so that us rabid youtube watchers can catch some of puppy Vito's lovely running? I'm glad his running DWs are going so well. I still need to do some proofing with mine. Congrats for you and Vito again, YAY!!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( August 15, 2010 at 9:21 PM )  

Very glad to hear of all the progress, especially with the running contacts! Great stuff.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"