March NADAC Trial

Our first trial since the new year!  Freezing cold today.  And the dogs were disgusting.  Well at least one of them was.

Proud of himself

Vito
Vito wasn't running full out this trial but wasn't as bouncy as his first few trials last year.  We qualified in 2 out of our 4 runs Saturday, and 3 of 3 on Sunday.  2 of 3 dogwalks were good, except for falling off once.  And he got all his weave entries for the first time in a trial!


Chances Novice-Q
A nice run to get our novice Chances title.  No issues.

Touch N Go Nov- NQ
Should have been an easy straight forward run but Vito took an off course at the start.  The Aframe was straight in front of the first hoop and the tunnel was curved away but guess which one Vito took!  He zeroed in on it right from the start.  I didn't fix it and we were fine until Vito fell off the dogwalk!  He seemed ok afterward so I wanted to have him redo it.  Vito was a bit slower on the dogwalk but hit his contact nicely. 

Weavers Novice- Q
Only 2 sets of 6 weaves as the club apparently didn't have their 3rd set along!  No issues getting his entries in a trial today, I was very happy with this run.

Jumpers Novice- NQ
Vito knocked the first bar.  Other than that it was a nice easy run.

---- Sunday---
Regular 1 Open- Q
Great dogwalk!!  It was the 2nd to last obstacle and a straight shot to the hoop.  He did a really weird jump at one point.  I'm pretty sure my handling was not the smoothest and Vito looked like he was going to take off but then hesitated a half second and ended up pouncing straight over it.

Regular 2 Open- Q
Vito was way distracted at the start.  He was smelling the air before we walked in, not sure if he realized his friend Megan was here or what.  Then he decided to stare at the bar setter and walk away from me towards the leash runner.  I got him back, he yelled at me, and I just went with a running start.  The dogwalk was second and it wasn't his best contact.  I don't think he jumped but almost strided right over the yellow.

Tunnelers Open -Q
A fun fast course.  Vito did great although me may have slipped in a tunnel.  Either that or he just slowed down a bit in one.

Lance
I pulled him from half of his runs since I didn't want him doing the contact obstacles until we're done retraining.

Chances Novice- Q
Lance was squirrley, probably because not really getting any warmup.  I thought he was going to go over the first jump as soon as I took is leash off!  I almost tripped over him at one point but he had a lot of drive this run and easily handled the distance portions without help from me.

Weavers Novice- Q
Lance collected just fine for his weave poles this trial!

Jumpers Open- Q
A nice run but Lance knocked a bar in the middle.  Apparently the judge didn't call it.

--Sunday--
Chances Novice- NQ
Should have been a really easy distance challenge but Lance just didn't get it.  I ran out of room to support him and Lance just didn't drive out to get the middle jump in the pinwheel.  There was an aframe at the end and i decided to do it just to see how it would be.  We haven't touched the aframe since I switched him to running contacts so I had no idea what he would do.  Not a real surprise here but he jumped.  At least one  foot above the yellow.


Someone went straight into the shower with me when we got home.

Dexter  – ( March 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM )  

Never thought of agility as a down and dirty sport. That is one muddy corgi dog.

Mango Momma

Megan  – ( March 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM )  

I'm glad you bathed your dirty dog. He was absolutely filthy and seemed incredibly happy about it too!

I love watching Vito run!

Lance made me sound like an idiot... way to go Lance!

Remind me to enter my dog in the next trial.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM )  

He was pissed about it. I dragged him in the shower with me and we don't have a hose attachment so i had to hold him up to the spray.

I am disappointed that i don't remember how Lance made you sound idiotic. Please do refresh my memory!

Megan  – ( March 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM )  

I said "what's the worst he can do, jump" like he really wouldn't. And then he did. I gave poor advice. But your corgi is great. Even if you do torture him with baths.

And, they're not offering Hoopers at the April trial. Now what do I do?!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM )  

Oh please it was fine advice. One jump isn't going to ruin anything. He technically has zero criteria right now on the aframe so it's not like I let him get away with something. And it showed me that it's not going to be an easy transition for him and I'm going to need a solid plan. Besides that jump of his way way easier on his body then the jump and slam into the ground his 4 on the floor produced in trials.

Bummer, i really liked hoopers. you can still do jumpers?? The MMBC May trial has hoopers on friday.

Ninso  – ( March 20, 2011 at 8:26 PM )  

LOL at you holding Lance up to the spray! Good thing he's little!

Ninso  – ( March 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM )  

PS, I'd like to request a Chuck fix! I feel like we haven't heard anything about him for awhile.

Megan  – ( March 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM )  

Sarcasm! It's great!

We'll be at the MMBC trial then, to do Hoopers! If he's able to run part of a Jumpers course I'll enter him and we'll do an outside loop or something. Touch N Go is a possibility if he doesn't do FLYING ELDERLY SPRINGER on me.

Don't neglect Chuck on his... BIRTHDAY!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM )  

No one loves the Chuck! But fine. it is his birthday after all.

Dawn  – ( March 21, 2011 at 7:42 AM )  

Well, I was really sad that I had the weight pull this weekend because I was thinking Magic needed agility, but now that I see Lance, maybe not so much sad. He sure looks pleased though!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( March 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM )  

Nice way to start off your agility trialing year!

Just curious, I'm not familiar with NADAC -- was the dogwalk rubberized? Walter sometimes has scrambles on the dogwalk upramp and I often wonder if he would be better off on a rubberized dogwalk. Alas, we have none around in my parts yet. Anyway, Vito certainly didn't look bothered at all and went right back on it -- good stuff.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM )  

It was rubber and I love the rubber dogwalks much better. I think all NADAC dogwalks have to be rubber and have no slats?

All of the clubs around here have now switched to rubber and it so nice. The rubber aframe seems especially nice for the dogs. The only downside is that I can't hear the dogs on it anymore so it's harder to listen to the correct striding for the running contacts!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( March 21, 2011 at 9:45 PM )  

Ah, interesting! So rubber isn't an automatic fix for everything, but it still sounds a heck of a lot better than slippery plywood... The venue I trial at recently allowed rubberized contacts but it's a long way before becoming mandatory, I'm sure.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"