The Toller's weekend

Vito came to the obedience trial on Friday and I used the opportunity to work on ring entrances in their lovely warm up ring.  The great news is that it took him only 5 minutes or so to decide he was ready to work and enter the ring for a party.  I think the last time we were at this location it was a solid 15 minutes or longer to either keep eye contact long enough for me to start or to explode out of his waiting position.  I need both pieces in order to work him.  Since it was still difficult for him to really explode into work, I pretty much just partied with him in the ring and asked for very little work other than setting up and keeping focus while I removed the leash.  I think the last ring entrance (I did maybe 4 or 5) I had him do a tiny bit of heeling.
So progress, but also shows me that he is definitely not ready for an AKC show at this location.

On Sunday I switched gears and took Vito to a USDAA agility trial.  (Thank goodness the Corgi got his UDX out of the way!).  We had 4 runs at the spot close to our house with the very tight warm up and entrance area.

Jumpers-Q
Wow we actually qualified in a jumpers run!!!  It was a difficult course with quite a few wraps but Vito magically remembered how to do them from the UKI trial and wasn't too sad.

Snooker- Q
Sad Toller.  Could not find any flow since all the reds were at the start and thus it was wrap central.  Did 4 reds at 6-2-6-7 and made it through 6 in the closing before the buzzer ran.  Not happy enough for the speed needed to make it through the closing but enough points at least.

Grand Prix- NQ
Our very first time entered in Grand Prix!  It was a really nice course but Vito crashed the tire as the first obstacle.  Thank GOD for break away tires as he hit it hard.  I quickly decided to keep running as I didn't want to draw attention to the tire issue and create a possible issue for him and he seemed to run out of it pretty well.  Decent speed for him through the course although he blew his dogwalk contact!  I know Vito failed our RDW-turn training but he should have easily been able to handle this course.  Oh well.
Run starts at 15sec with our tire incident:


Standard- NQ
Really hard time starting next to that wall and I even nicely asked the bar setter to move before Vito's run as that would have made it even worse.  But a Happy Toller once started!  Pulled off a jump after the teeter and I just don't think he saw it at all so I kept running.  Same dogwalk turn and he blew it again.  On the positve side there was a double before and a triple after and Vito kept all bars up.  He has a habit of knocking bars after the dogwalk, especially if a spread.


Finally our first Master Jumpers and Snooker Q finished up our MAD title!  

Achieve1dream  – ( June 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM )  

Congrats!! Your boys are just raking in the titles hehe. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"