Dough Boy

So Lance usually likes to keep me company in the bathroom when I am taking a shower. He curls up in a little ball on my clothes and just chills out, usually. Well two days ago I was taking a shower and noticed that I didn't have my little buddy there. I didn't think much of it at the time. Instead I continued my shower and noticed that Vito was sitting out there, occasionally poking his little nose through the shower curtain but just sitting nicely. As I turn off the water and go to dry off, I remember thinking to myself "I wonder if dogs recognize the sound of the water turning off and know that they have a few minutes left to finish up whatever naughty thing they were doing." I then remember chuckling to myself and thinking how good my little boys are. hah!

I exit the bathroom, look around for Lance and see him standing in the kitchen staring at me. I slowly walk over with an increasingly worried look and ask him what he was doing. No answer, but Lance slowly walks past me and then turns back to look as I go into the kitchen. I find one empty loaf of sliced bread on the floor with a small hole. Correction, Lance wants to make sure that I note him leaving 4 slices of bread for me so it wasn't an entire loaf!

I actually remain very calm and while I use my stern mommy voice on Lance, I am proud to say that I didn't even yell. Ok, I do remember chucking the bag so it landed right in front of Lance and having him do an implied leave it while I went back to the bathroom.

What I found very amusing was the very tiny hold in the bread bag, it was smaller then a tennis ball. So Lance must have practically sucked up the bread slices through the bag! Also Vito either tried to tattle tale on his big brother, or just wanted an alibi for the event since he almost never keeps me company during a shower! Good boy Vito :)

Lance's stomach was huge! And to top it off, he had agility class less then 2 hours later that I wasn't going to miss since you pay for a series of classes, not a drop in. The extra baggage didn't seem to slow the dough boy down any at class though! But Lance was very sad to see that his food dish was quite small for the next 3 meals.

He's feeling a little bloated
And gassy!

This was the first time Lance has ever stolen people food. But needless to say, Lance will now be locked in his kennel whenever we leave the house or take a shower!

Achieve1dream  – ( November 8, 2009 at 4:02 PM )  

LOL! That is soooo funny! What a naughty Lance. Proud of you for keeping your cool. :)

Unknown  – ( November 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM )  

Teenagers, always trying to get away with something ;)

Cristina of CorgiTales  – ( November 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM )  

It would have been fun to catch Lance on video to see how he managed to pull the bread out of the bag! =)

Dexter  – ( November 9, 2009 at 4:03 AM )  

Oh man, Lance, you really blew it. I thought that sucking the bread out through a small hole was a nice touch, but you should have hidden the evidence a little better. You must have looked like a big old snake digesting his supper. Now you are in lockdown. Uh oh.

Slobbers,
Mango

Jenna Z  – ( November 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM )  

Oooh, dear! Do be careful as corgis have been known to suffocate in bread bags/chip bags/etc. They get in too deep and can't paw it off their faces and are left to suffocate. There is even a terrible story about a corgi suffocating in a turkey carcass.

Unknown  – ( November 10, 2009 at 8:32 PM )  

Hee! Hee! Honey would have probably pulled something similar - she is nuts about bread (more than liver or other meaty treats - can you believe it?!). Although thank goodness, we have trained her to stay out of the kitchen and she is very good about following this, even when we're not at home and I leave food on the kitchen counter, it is always untouched...but if I sometimes forget and leave food in my study or in the living room, then it's fair game!! :-)

Glad Lance wasn't the worse for wear after his little culinary adventure! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"