Go Click Challenge- Crawl


This week we worked on crawl!  I taught Vito to crawl as a puppy but we didn't do much with it so it's been awhile.  He picked it up pretty quickly again so I moved on to getting rid of the treat lure and starting to crawl while alongside me.  We also had fun crawling in a circle around me!

I wasn't sure how far I would get with Lance.  I have briefly tried to get Lance to crawl in the past but always give up.  It's so hard to tell if he's crawling or not with his stumpy legs.  All attempts to make it easy by having him "crawl" underneath my bent legs end up in me falling over laughing as Lance slams through.  I think we made some decent progress this week though.  I'm not sure if his style of crawl is the best he can do because of his body shape or if he can get his hind end lower.

Lindsay  – ( March 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM )  

I LOVE your training videos!! Vito looks like he's having such a good time with training.:)

Dexter  – ( March 8, 2010 at 4:51 AM )  

I think Lance kind of cheats on the crawling, but he is a star on the moonwalk.

Slobbers,
Mango

Dawn  – ( March 8, 2010 at 6:40 AM )  

Well I am having a horrible time trying to get Magic to bow, so maybe it is the body type. I havent tried crawling yet, but that is coming. Good job with Vito though he looks so good.

Muttsandaklutz  – ( March 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM )  

Another great vid! Love Lance's moonwalk, hehe.

Achieve1dream  – ( March 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM )  

Oh my gosh!! Lance deserved points for cuteness factor. His little body just works against him in the crawl. Very good job for both of them!

Unknown  – ( March 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM )  

What perfect choice of music for the video!

I do think body shape plays a part - I have real trouble getting Honey to crawl - she tends to keep her bum in the air and sort of "moonwalk forwards"!! But someone I met at the doggie dancing camp told me that it's esp hard for the big, deep-chested breeds to crawl flat on the ground like the smaller breeds coz of their chest sticking into the floor - and long legs, etc - so I think you sort of have to accept the type of crawl you get according to your dog! :-)

Anyway, they both look great!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"