Fiona- 15wks


The puppy turned 15wks old and is a tiny 18lbs.  She's growing on me though. I especially love her Up skills.  Meal times are becoming quite the specatcle.  While the toller is often sleeping in the bedroom, the corgi and lab both start spinning in circles when I walk out with their food bowls.  

Vito still isn't in love with her but they coexist nicely.  Mostly he's up on the furniture so Fi doesn't have an opportunity to bother him. She takes full advantage of the car rides to snuggle with him and he doesn't put up a fight.
Vito's in a tight tank in my attempt to imitate a thunder shirt.
All 3 in the truck.
The corgi loves her.  Except when she steals his kennel, which is practically every evening.
Training wise, we are starting to get our verbal positions of heel very well and side is almost there.  I am also setting out to actually teach her front as I completely failed in teaching Chuckles it.  In his confusion Chuck would just dance his body around back and forth from heel to side unless I cued wait in the right spot.  We are also working on getting a stand.  Fi can transition between sit, down, and stand with about 75% accuracy when her front feet are on a book, but is still clueless off the book.  And my biggest accomplishment has been getting Fi to switch from food to toys in the same session.  She still isn't always eager about the toy when it first comes out, but will play with me fairly quickly now and with less effort on my part.

Patty  – ( August 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM )  

Love the puppy pictures! Glad to hear she is coming along so well.

andrea  – ( August 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM )  

that's some tail :)

LOVE LOVE how happy she is playing with you :)

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( August 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM )  

LOVE the video, wow, what a talented baby!

Achieve1dream  – ( August 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM )  

She is doing so awesome! I love her enthusiasm. I laughed out loud when she did go to bed and slid halfway across the room. And her play dead is adorable with the million mile an hour tail. :D Too cute!

I didn't realize we shared a birthday. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"