Gracie 14wks

Lessons this past week:

1. Retrieves- Picks up object nicely, now working on me moving backwards and her bringing it to my hand. 

2. Light switches- Her first few lessons in using her nose to flip a switch held at nose level.  A tube is attached to make the switch bigger.  I think she now understands her job is not to bite it.

3. Position work- Needs a perch for learning the verbal cues only.  Without a perch she offers pivoting to heel and side position and with a side step she knows which side I want her to be on.  She's also done some backing up in heel/side this week and a tiny bit of side stepping.

4. Mat work- Still working on her remembering the down needs to happen on the mat.  Currently she's backfeet targeting the mat and I want her front feet on it.

5. 2o2o- Is just starting to back up to get into a 2o2o position on a box.  Not fully consistent with it yet.

6. Stand- I've decided to use the hand touch method for a jumping stand with her.  I've used it on adult dogs at work but haven't used it yet to teach one of my puppies.  Will be interesting.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"