Hawaiian Shirt NADAC trial

The "Hawaiian Shirt" NADAC agility trial was held this past weekend.  We went on Sunday where of course it was snowing on our drive down but warmed up to a balmy 40 degrees as the day went on and blessed us with some rain.

The arena was unheated so I modeled my 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks, sweatshirt, jacket and hat all day.  It was also mud city.  I almost had a boot eaten by the mud moat surrounding the port o potties.


Lance was pissed that I carried him on all outdoor trips, only setting him down when I reached snow.
 

As for their runs, Lance was pretty excited.  He remembered to stop in the 4on position on all contacts, but started to self release on a few.  I shrugged.  Maybe that's why the 2nd round of regular he added quick releasing the aframe to his list :)  He knocked a bar on both regular runs but overall jumped very nicely.  The first half of his jumpers course was beautiful jumping but stuttered the 2nd half.  Thankfully he manged to keep all bars up and we qualified.  In chances only one elite dog qualified and sadly it was not us!

 

Vito was happy to scream before his turn and blessed the other exhibitors with his wonderful singing even during our warmup playing!  He loved doing the dogwalk twice in touch n go although I was unable to turn him before the tunnel straight after the first one.  Video shows I did not try very hard.
I also didn't connect after doing a blind cross out of the last tunnel as my brain was trying to remember which hoop we were to go to.  He's such a good boy!
http://youtu.be/DPBkibJAtl8

In Chances I really thought we qualified but I guess the judge faulted Vito for going over the line, even though he curled across it before taking the jump the line was supposed to start at.  He stalled after the 2nd jump to wait for me so I had to call him back to me and re reved him up for the rest.  On the positive side he did go back out happily and did a nice layered dogwalk.  Jumpers was clean but not terribly fast. 

Karissa  – ( April 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM )  

Lovely runs! Vito's dog walk is rockin'. :o)

And interesting... No barrels? Hmm.

I was so not sad that I wasn't up there this year. Yucky mudfest.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( April 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM )  

Ha, yes no barrels! Ironic considering the huge fuss of the uninvited barrels at their last trial and the certainty that there would be ones at this trial! I was so close to not entering due to that reason that I didn't even think the weather would be a reason not too!
I'm very grateful that next weekends USDAA is indoors and I feel so bad for CACM's outdoor trial in 2 weeks as I'm sure everyone is like me and holding off on entering...

Kim  – ( April 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM )  

Can we assume you are wearing a Hawaiian shirt under all those layers?! It looked a tad cold in there ;)

Lovely runs! And I adore Vito's singing voice :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"