More Front Training

Front training bootcamp is continuing to go well for the Toller.  I am fading my hand guides and Vito is mastering little tiny side steps to fronts and pivots to front with a rope tug in his mouth.  I then switched to Vito holding his little blue puppy and that blew his mind.  Trying so hard though!  Cute little bounces but not really moving anywhere :)  Or the levitating he did as a wee puppy is re making an appearance!


I wish I would have thought of doing this little training awhile ago, and have been motivated enough to do it.  I had thought that working on the easier part of straight fronts after retrieving, or even after a simple hold and wait made the most sense.  If he has a hard time doing a straight approach, how could he do a very hard angle.  But apparently I also forgot that sometimes setting up a real challenge helps to draw focus to the parts you're working on.  In this case hind end movement.  Super closeness was an added bonus side effect.

I swear I am not a giant, nor is our ceiling super short, is these series of crappy photos.

Kitty's front still needs much work :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"