Introducing Zumi

Replacement Puppy is here.  Meet Zumi
Still has her puppy blue eyes!
  
Zumi is loud.  Loud with endurance.  I would rather potty training 50 puppies than deal with crate training one puppy.  But Pyra was horrible those first few days and she miraculously became good, so I have hope.  No sleep, but hope.

Apologies to Vito for having to train in a new puppy again.

Lance is still pouting but I know he will be happy soon enough for a puppy smaller than him.

I am looking forward to getting to know Zumi as she settles in.  And stops screaming.


Achieve1dream  – ( November 29, 2014 at 5:51 PM )  

Zumi is so cute and I LOVE the name!!!!! I hope she stops screaming soon. That is really annoying when crate training hehe.

Pam Vojtas  – ( November 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM )  

I am sorry, but I have unsubscribed. There is no such thing as a replacement puppy or a replacement child.

Achieve1dream  – ( November 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM )  

It's actually a very common practice for reputable breeders to replace puppies that have hereditary faults such as hip dysplasia (I'm assuming that was the context that she made that remark in). When people go to a reputable breeder they are expecting to get a well bred puppy with no hereditary diseases, so if something crops up it's only right for them to get their money back or get a healthy puppy. The other puppy will find a nice pet home where she isn't expected to compete. It's not like she dumped her at a shelter or on a street. Also just to make it clear I believe in dogs being for life and I would never give up my dog no matter what happened to him, but I also don't judge other people and understand that if they have competition goals that they need a healthy puppy.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( November 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM )  

You're right Pam, there's no such thing as a replacement. I sometimes find that joking and referring to her my Mulligan puppy and such helps with the hard decision of having to give up Pyra. I am sorry you disagree with my decision, but I do not regret it as hard as it still is. Good bye.

Achieve1dream  – ( November 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM )  

I completely support your decision at least and I'm happy for you to have your new puppy. After everything you have been through with Vito I can totally understand not wanting to commit to another special needs dog (not insulting Vito as I share his anxiety problem!). Good luck with her!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"