Zumi 20wks

20 weeks old now.  Boxer puppy in disguise.  Seriously, the most pawy, flail-y puppy ever.



Teething hypothesis still being tested.  Zumi did take her food very nicely both on Monday at Lance's rehab appointment and on Tuesday at the club.  And then Wednesday was back to refusing it at the club.  Played and trained beautifully with a toy with lots of barking and stuff going on though.

Finally making progress again on her shaped retrieve.  We were stuck at moving forwards with an object in her mouth for quite awhile.  Switched to teaching clean up and the draw of a box plus reward placement in it helped a ton.  Not sure why I didn't just switch sooner as I've had lots of success with it for many difficult dogs.

Mark training towards toys and food going very well in her 2nd week of learning.  Although it's currently really more of restrained sends with just my hand next to her versus an actual understanding of the hand.  Either way it's good for her :)

Apparently I must have done more stay training than I thought as Zumi knows how to keep her down on a mat while I walk behind her.  Nice surprise :)

Also her second week of learning crossed paws and we still have a target, and still lots of accidental clicks for paw coming up off the ground but not actually reaching for the target.  First week of learning to hug an object though and I'm thinking that's going to help the crossed paw trick.  She likes to whack things and is starting to get the grip.


Pants are growing!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( February 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM )  

Ha ha, maybe I'll do one this week. And then you need to do one! Even if it's not "super fancy" with music you should just record a training session!

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM )  

She is sooooo adorable!! I know I've asked this before, but what camera do you use? I LOVE all of the pictures!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM )  

I am a newbie so all the pics are the result of the camera, and not me at all! I have Nikon's intro, the 3100 that I got in December this year. Lens was the kit lens and then sometime this spring I upgraded to a Tamron lens 2.8F, 28-50 I think.

Achieve1dream  – ( June 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM )  

Nice!! I'm a teensy jealous! I don't have a camera right now because I was riding my horse in the pond and he laid down and dunked me and the camera in the water. I survived, but the camera didn't. So now I use hubby work phone which is a smart phone with a nice camera or I borrow my mom's camera that is like my old one. I'm dying to get a Nikon. I just can't afford it right now. I got to play with one recently at a friend's wedding and it was just amazing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"