Utility Q!

The Toller had a CDSP trial this afternoon.  Decided to enter just utility A this weekend since he finished his open "championship" in June.

And he had one of the best runs of his life.  Great ring entrance.  Great enthusiasm on the exercises themselves.  Great engagement during transitions. And great setups.


Did you see we even managed to qualify!  I thought it was Vito's first leg, but it turned out it was his second.  I forgot Vito entered utility a year ago and although he needed second hand signals at that time for each portion of the signal exercise, that is still qualifiable in CDSP as long as you don't talk.  So today was his second leg, and was qualifying even by AKC standards.  The first glove send just made me smile at how much fun he was having!

Looking over the video I see that he did do some looks the judge at setups, but was easily redirected through a nose bridge, placing my hand on his chest or by re-marking where he should be looking. Vito doing a nose bridge/pocket hand so quickly under stress has been a long time in the making!

Vito gets another go at it tomorrow and my fingers are crossed he will be just as happy to play with me.  Regardless of how it goes, I will at least treasure this moment

And since I know there are at least a few people out there who actually read this blog, I am unashamedly going to push you to sign up for my Ring Confidence class at the Fenzi Academy!  I am new and people are scared of jumping on board!  But I would love to try and problem solve your dog's ring issues and emphasize!  I am blending Denise's lectures with mine and also creating new ones for you guys!

Achieve1dream  – ( October 26, 2015 at 12:16 PM )  

If I had plans to compete I definitely would have joined your class. :) Maybe someday.

Congrats on the Q and awesome trial with Vito! That's awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"