Meet Chuck

This is Chuck.

Due to a momentary lapse in rationality, Chuck is going to be living us for awhile. 

See Chuck was one of the 8 puppies from my employer's, Can Do Canines, new breeding program.  I am going to be puppy raising him.  Typically the puppy raisers main job is socialization and basic obedience training while they have the dog until he is 1.5-2yrs old.

I was a puppy raiser many years ago and found it to be the most rewarding experience of my life.  I have been wanting to do it again for a long time but just haven't had the time.  When this litter came into work I started thinking that just maybe I did have time :)  I haven't committed myself to being a full puppy raiser but I did say I would do it for at least 6 months.


Wow.  So far having little Chucklet has shown me how messed up puppy Vito was.  I keep taking him outside every 20min expecting him to pee and nothing!  Vito had to pee sometimes 4 times an hour, so much so that we thought he had diabetes insipidus. Chuckit only peeing every hour has me baffled :)  And then Chuck only cried for 5 minutes in his crate!  Yes, 5 minutes!!!  I still remember the 2.5hrs straight of Vito's shrieking like it was yesterday.

He is such a cool little dude.  Loves people, super cuddly, good tugger, and did I mention he loves people!  Lance and Vito are not thrilled about this.  Lots of growling and evil faces but overall Chuckles is learning some keep his distance and the boys will learn to get over it.  My bets are on Lance, 3 days is my guess.  Vito might need another week since, "mom, that's my toy!"

Muttsandaklutz  – ( May 29, 2010 at 9:23 PM )  

Oh that's awesome!! How exciting -- and how adorable Chuck is. Congratulations, and good on you for taking something like this on.

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera  – ( May 29, 2010 at 9:27 PM )  

Ooooooooh, he's ADORABLE. I love the second one.

Ashley The CRPS Girl  – ( May 29, 2010 at 10:04 PM )  

Hi there! We just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hello!
Puppy raisers are such wonderful people! Mom's new service dog is probably with his/her puppy raiser right now!

Lauren  – ( May 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM )  

Ahh! You'd better update on this little guy a lot, with pictures!
Labs are #1 on my next dog to get list, you are going to kill me with this little man. He's adorable!

Erin  – ( May 30, 2010 at 12:46 AM )  

Hi!! My name is Erin..
I am a puppy raiser as well, working with the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind with puppy #4!!
Chuck is adorable!!

Pepper  – ( May 30, 2010 at 4:15 AM )  

Thats really exciting, he looks pretty bloody cute! Hope that your two get used to him quickly

Dexter  – ( May 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM )  

Welcome home Chuck. Hey! I think labradorks don't pee much in general. My idiot brother sometimes doesn't pee for 10 hours. I prefer to take advantage of all opportunities.

I hope Vito can chill out and get over himself. And Chuck, good luck with the ferrets.

Slobbers,
Mango

kristi.w.  – ( May 30, 2010 at 1:25 PM )  

Oh my gosh, what a cutie! You are going to have a tough time giving him back, I think. :D

Jason  – ( May 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM )  

That is so cool! The pupster is in very very good hands!

Unknown  – ( May 31, 2010 at 7:49 PM )  

OH - CHuck is just adorable!! But gosh - it is going to be mayhem in your household or what?! :-)

Unknown  – ( May 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM )  

Funny how a dog's personalit can make such a difference, isn't it? IT's why I always say - despite the nightmares of trying to "work" with Honey when doing dog sports, etc - I just love her for how easy-going & laid-back and EASY she is to live with. No anxiety, no whining, no crying, no hysterics/over-excitability, no mischief, no stubborness...just a placid, sleepy dog most of the time! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Cristina - Corgi Tales  – ( June 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM )  

How did I miss this news! Chuck's adorable and I so enjoy your writing about Vito and Lance's initial attitude toward cute little Chuck. LOL - "Chucklet" - luv it!

Congrats on this newer experience. Will you get to make him a permanet member of the pack?

Achieve1dream  – ( July 6, 2010 at 11:23 AM )  

Awww he's sooooo cute! I love his nickname Chuckles. :) I've considered being a puppy raiser before, but I don't know of anyone in my area who raises them. Can't wait to read more about this cutie.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"