Seeing Double

Can you tell who's who?

Having Java around really makes me want another toller!!!  Java and Vito have very different personalities but I am just in love with the tollerness.

Java is very calm compared to Vito.  I can get Vito into a wriggly, talking, intense mess in less then two seconds.  Java just stares at me.

Java loves tennis balls and other toys (doesn't have a great play retrieve though) but has no interest in working for them.  Vito will do anything in order to get a toy, but looses his brain in the process so can't actually do a thing.

Vito screams when he's super super excited and talks anytime he's a little excited.  Java has yet to make a sound besides some barking at the door or whining at the ferret cage.

Both are pretty indifferent with new people (well unless Vito sees that you have a toy!) but very cuddly once they get to know you.  Both seem to have the same bouncy joy for life.  

 I won't be getting another dog anytime soon but when that time comes I really want another toller!
Oh, and Vito is pictured left, Java right.

Pepper  – ( October 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM )  

Are they related at all Laura? They look very similar. We have very few tollers in New Zealand - less than 10 I believe and I don't think there are any bitches capable of breeding. After reading about Vito I would love a toller but would have to import one from Australia or something - not going to happen!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( October 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM )  

I don't think so. I did a tiny bit of digging, not too far, and didn't see anything similar. The two do look alike though, especially in that picture!

Ninso  – ( October 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM )  

They look a ton alike in that pic, but I recognized Vito's white spot on his nose! If not for that I wouldn't have been able to tell.

Megan  – ( October 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM )  

Vito looks like such a grown-up-doggie in that picture!

Two tollers sounds like a lot of fun!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle  – ( October 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM )  

Love this blog! Loved it so much I wanted you to have an Award. You can pick it up at http://browndogcbr.blogspot.com/
Hawk aka BrownDog

Raegan  – ( October 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM )  

Freaking love these dogs. It was good to meet you at the show last weekend!

Unknown  – ( October 8, 2010 at 1:04 AM )  

Hah - sounds like Java went to Honey's school!! :-) Maybe not the meeting new people bit but I definitely had to work long and hard to translate her interest in toys into an actual retrieve. And yeah - the staring at me (in Honey's case, blankly!) even when I'm doing somersaults to try & get her excited...

I'm curious - If they're so different in personalities, what is their "tollerness" then? (other than looks)

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"