Puppyraiser Picnic

The boys went to the puppyraiser picnic yesterday for the service dog organization.

Chuck reunited with some of his sisters and a brother. Of course he had to be in front.
And had fun destroying a toy with 2 friends.

Vito was nuts.  Light screaming and whining as soon as we arrived.  He did calm down after I walked him around but quickly started up again when he saw dogs playing in a little fenced play yard.  I didn't want to let him join since I know how much he hates being jumped on by obnoxious labs but finally relented after 40 minutes of trembling and whining whenever we weren't moving.  Inside the play yard he immediately found a tennis ball and I let him obsessively approach people for a toss for about 5 minutes before I took him back out.  From then on he was relaxed as much as I can expect from him and was perfectly content to just chill.

Vito won a send out to a hulu hoop to sit in it, a short 10ft away.  He surprised me by responding to my away cue immediately as I haven't really done much work with him on it.  I thought Lance would do it no problem but apparently not.  He wasn't really focused and didn't move at all the first 2 cues.  Then he went out and veered off for a tree.  Finally he did 2 lovely ones.  With Chuck my plan was to tell him to retrieve and then interrupt with a sit since he doesn't have an away.  I thought it was going to work too until he just brought the hula hoop back.  The 2nd attempt I tried using a touch cue and then Chuck just went to eat some chalk in the grass.  Fail.

Unknown  – ( June 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM )  

Sounds like a fun event! That picture of Lance offering his paw is just adorable!! :-)

Ruth  – ( June 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM )  

Lance's paw trick is so adorable!

I'm new to your blog, so please visit me and say hello :)
www.thegreendogs.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"