Utility Leg #2

We qualified!!!


Signals -2pts
Right off the bat I screwed up and cost us points by giving a verbal heel.  As soon as it came out of my mouth I recognized my error and grimaced.  But it turns out the judge didn't register my mistake so I actually didn't lose any points.  His heeling was pretty good in the forging department but he got distracted on both the about turns.  The signals were good and this was the first time in a trial that Lance did not move at all after I left him on the stand!

Articles -.5pt
Confident find and no tasting of any! 

Glove (#3) -.5pt
Lance didn't turn very nicely with me although it wasn't too bad.  He also broke eye contact and looked at the jump.  I waited a second for him to break focus off the jump before giving him his mark.

Moving Stand -1pt
Forging but not as bad as his last 2 trials as Lance was at least somewhat with me.  He moved as the judge approached but he at least didn't move as I left as he has been doing recently in trials.

Directed Jumping -6pts
Lance was excited and wanted to go before we started but caught himself :)  Mostly straight go outs and he took the correct jumps without knocking them!  Auto finish after the first jump and the second send out he turned when I called the sit but then decided to turn back to the gate and raised a paw towards it before turning back to me and sitting. 


K-Koira  – ( December 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM )  

Very nice looking. You guys make it look so easy.

Raegan  – ( December 4, 2011 at 1:19 AM )  

Congratulations! I love his heeling. :) And such a nice snappy sit from the down.

andrea  – ( December 4, 2011 at 8:32 AM )  

awwww HUGE congratulations - awesome job!

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( December 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM )  

So cool! You continue to inspire me to keep going in obedience... Congrats Corgi!!

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( December 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM )  

Congratulations!! I agree, you guys are inspiring.

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( December 5, 2011 at 11:13 PM )  

THAT IS SOOO FANTASTIC! WAY TO GO!!! HUGE CONGRATS! You guys look so GREAT!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"