Guess who's back....

The Fi-Fi!!!

Yes, Fiona came back this past Friday from her 3 month stay in the prison program.  I did not think I was going to be as excited to see her as I was.  I mean, she is a lab after all!

I'm sure you guys can guess that I wasn't strong enough to not take her home at least one night! Although I did wait until Tuesday evening so she could at least get used to kennel life :)  As a side effect of my job position itself requiring the breaking of the rule that puppy raisers can't see their dogs once turned in, I figured that a little break here and there won't hurt anything.  It's not like I'm not having to train her everyday anyway!
Can 4 dogs fit in the back of my little car?

Since her going to prison was such a last minute decision she actually hasn't had her health clearences done yet.  Fingers crossed that she passes all tests so that I'm not tempted to keep her!

Actually she might end up leaving me for real sooner rather than later.  Due to a recently placed diabetic alert dog having to be pulled due to unforseen medical reasons (*sad face*) Fiona might go in as a swap pretty quickly.  Ideally we want the new team training again as soon as possible due to the client's current life events and Fiona is the best match...

 Everybody waiting to be fed, even the cat.  Yes, the corgi is tortured...
 You know, 4 dogs is really not all that different from 3.  Especially when they're already trained :)
Walking 4 dogs at once, not bad.  Getting them all to look at the camera at once, impossible.  Except Lance, good corgi in all attempts.

The main difference is now there's 4 dogs busting in on you in the bathroom instead of 3...

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( July 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM )  

Awww she looks happy to see you again! How's the little schipperke doing? And how do you train a busy dog like that? I think I may need some tips to use with Dhali!!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( July 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM )  

I think busy dogs are easier :) You just need good timing before they're crazily offering a thousand things at once! That and I interrupt with a lot of eye contact work and reverse luring!

andrea  – ( July 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM )  

awww she looks great! you all must have been happy :)

Megan  – ( July 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM )  

FIONA! She's the most awesome of all!

Dexter  – ( July 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM )  

Well done, Lance. I am surprised you weren't invited to join the Queen and her corgis at the olympics. Surely she has heard of you.

Mango Momma

Unknown  – ( August 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM )  

Wow - walking 4 dogs together is already a heroic feat, never mind trying to get a photo! Ha! Ha! And I LOVE Lance's expression in that photo - you know, he looks like that suave, TV-hero guy who's always smirking at the camera! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"