More RDW

Running dogwalk training continues.  I've been proud of myself for being a little more committed this last week.  I think I got 3 quick sessions in and a little bit longer one today.  A few big leaps, more extending her stride so she skips the end, and a few nice hits.  Zumi gets the toy every time but it's either followed by lots of praise and tugging or just sending her back on up.

Since some of you expressed interested in the excitement of watching  dog run over a plank, here was Zumi's session today with a little break somewhere in the middle.  I suspect we will be at this height for awhile.

Achieve1dream  – ( June 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM )  

That's so cool watching her run in slow motion. I love how she started running before you even threw the toy. :-D

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM )  

Well there will be many more exciting plank running videos! Actually I want her running before I throw the toy. I try to release her on a verbal only and then move, but it does result in sometimes her beating the toy :) The huge positive is that it's easier to fade the toy needing to be thrown if she's driving forward without seeing it.

Achieve1dream  – ( June 17, 2015 at 10:54 PM )  

Oooh that totally makes sense!!! I really don't know much about agility or agility training hehe. I always learn something new on your blog. Thanks for explaining it for me. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"