Zumi Running Dogwalk update

The journey continues!  Took an unplanned full week off her RDW training but picked up right where we left off.  After the last blog post I guessed we would be at that height for while.  I was wrong as the 2 later sessions that week both went fantastic.  Almost no jumping being done, and only a few extended strides over the zone!  This Monday I raised it a teeny bit at the end, and Tuesday we started with the new height and then moved it up again the last 2 reps.

More excitement of a dog running a plank.


I would think we have to be at baby dogwalk height now, so the plan is to do another session at the newest height and then re-attach the board to the dogwalk and lower the whole thing to 2ft.  Backchain it slowly until she's doing the full baby dogwalk.  I know the added speed will destroy everything she's learned, so fun times ahead!  Vito never got to do this step and I suspect it will be super painful for me as well as very beneficial in the long run.

Achieve1dream  – ( June 17, 2015 at 11:33 AM )  

Looks like she's doing great!! How are scent articles going? ;-)

I'm kind of sad I'm caught up. I was having a lot of fun catching up and now I'll have to do like everyone else and wait for the next post hehe.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( June 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM )  

Scent article are goigng great! I have distance now to a pile of metal and now begun leather. No distance on leather, but I'm not putting food on the correct one at all either. She's about 70% accurate with leather right now. I'm hoping to combine leather and metal piles next week!

You did a ton of reading, I am shocked!

Achieve1dream  – ( June 17, 2015 at 10:53 PM )  

That's great! She's really coming along!

Yeah when I go to catch up on blog I catch up hehe. It helped that my boss has been out this week so I was able to read at work too lol!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"