Pivot update

Zumi and I are still working on those pesky left pivots.  I think we are making progress although I admit it's super hard to see what her butt is doing without a mirror!


Incidentally, I discovered that she is way better at keeping parallel when I use a toy as a reward instead of food! Our house is too small to train with a toy though so those sessions are limited to at the training club and before her agility class.  

Here is our progress from tonight. Lots of butt behind still, but getting there!

We continue to plug along in our control around the dumbbell.  While progress is even slower, we are at least continuing to improve.  Zumi hasn't vocalized on our db send in awhile and I've even done a few very short tosses over a jump.  However, distance still needs to be very short or she starts vulturing again and has a hard time offering me that focus in order to be sent. 

I am continuing to only do dumbbell sends with a toy reward as for whatever reason that has been our biggest breakthrough!  

K-Koira  – ( January 13, 2018 at 12:41 AM )  

I'm taking a class for the first time in many years (a beginning rally skills class) and am currently trying to get straight fronts, and working on the sit/down walkaround signs. So many ways out there to train every little bit of obedience and rally, not to mention every other sport, it is hard to figure out what method is the best for your dog.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"