New job :)

It's time for some personal news on this blog since I got a new job!!!  I am very excited to have been offered a part time position for the local service dog organization as a trainer!   My job will involve polishing up all the dogs who come in from the helpful puppy raisers who have had them since a wee pup.  So each day I will spend time with the dogs and make sure that they will have the skill set and mind set to help a client in the future.

I am estatic.  I started volunteering with them my senior year of high school as a puppy raiser and it was the best experience of my life.  The past 6 months I have been back volunteering with them in their puppy raiser classes and then this opportunity came.  yay

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera  – ( February 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM )  

Oh my gosh, that is so, so awesome. I am more than a little jealous. :) Congratulations! I know you deserve this!

Cristina @ CorgiTales  – ( February 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM )  

What a wonderful way to start a new year. OMG...working with puppies how wonderful is that! Congratulations!! :)

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( February 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM )  

no not with the new puppies, I wish though! I'll be working with dogs about 1.5yr-2yrs or so. The volunteer puppy raisers have them from 2mo and up. Then they come in for the real training and that's what I'll be doing. Polishing up the commands on these dogs and teaching them the actual service dog stuff! Thanks for the encouragement!

Lovisa, Inja & Fendi  – ( February 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM )  

Wow, that's awesome! Best job ever!! :D Congrats!

Dexter  – ( February 4, 2010 at 5:29 AM )  

That is wonderful. All those pups and their owners will be so lucky to meet you.

We are working on door waits. I REFUSE to sit down so far, but at least I am getting a little better at not squishing PeeWee.

Slobbers,
Mango

Unknown  – ( February 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM )  

Congrats on the new job - that's fantastic! What lucky pups they're going to be having YOU teach them!! :)

Hsin-Yi

Megan  – ( February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM )  

OH YAY! I'm so excited for you Laura! Is this an every day thing now?

Muttsandaklutz  – ( February 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM )  

WOW!! Sounds fabulous, perfect job for you and your excellent dog training skills. Congrats!!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( February 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM )  

Megan- yes it will be Mon-Fri 12-5ish. it will turn into full time at some point but right now they don't have the money. It will have to be full time though eventually since they are expanding so much. This means though that I have to completely change all of my dogs classes around!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"