Optimistic!

Lance
Lance has an obedience trial tomorrow and I am excited.  The trial is at my training club and I really think we're going to nail it.  A couple days ago was the club's trophy match so Lance and I got to play in the actual ring, and today was the open ring time open to the public before the big trial.  I took the opportunity to come in and treat Lance once in the middle of each long stay and Lance didn't break or seem anxious at all!  Hopefully it will transfer over to the real day.  Although there were a ton of people there today so I think the atmosphere closely resembled that of a real trial.

Notes from the run throughs:
- Forging.  I did mostly slow time with Lance today to get him to think a bit more.  But during our warm up heeling Lance had really nice position!
- The drop on recall is getting a bit slower.  Lance actually didn't drop during the trophy match so I redid it and it was fine.  But it seems like it's been taking Lance 1/2second longer to drop then it used to.  Still pretty fast, but something to watch out for.
- Really great and fast retrieves!
- We're having better transitions between exercises!  Lance is enjoying his tricks and staying connected with me during the set ups.

Vito
 Vito's back!!!  His obstacle focus has returned and I can barely contain him again!  Recently I've struggled with getting Vito to send ahead for simple rear crosses but now Vito is actually focusing on the obstacles instead of staring at me.  If I restrain him and rev him up he screams, if I ask him to wait he trembles but does, and of course lets out one scream as he goes over the first obstacle.

Running contacts are amazing again!  Like WOW amazing.  No change in stride as he changes from the up side to the middle (which means no scary bunny hops where he almost falls off), and definitely no jumping the contacts.  Absolutely gorgeous runs to the very end of the board, not the slightest hint in a jump, or even the slightest decrease in speed.  I even brought out a brand new toy (tennis ball squished inside a hollee ball) and Vito promptly lost his mind and STILL ran a perfect dog walk.  Can you tell how happy I am!

Dexter  – ( February 27, 2010 at 5:07 AM )  

Sounds you Vito loves the agility as much as I do. I get excited when other doggies vocalize during their runs. Momma thinks that is cool. Maybe I will try it sometime. But do try to look at mom during your runs. I know how hard that can be especially when you see your most favorite obstacle coming up.

Kisses,
Dexter

Ninso  – ( February 27, 2010 at 10:01 AM )  

Great news on Vito! And good luck in your trial today!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( February 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM )  

Good luck today, hope it's going / went fabulously :)

Wonderful news about Vito's return! Woot!! I can't wait to see videos of him in action.

Unknown  – ( February 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM )  

No wonder you're so happy & proud! Sounds like both dogs are doing so well - and so happy with it! :D Good luck for tomorrow!

Hsin-Yi

Achieve1dream  – ( March 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM )  

That is fantastic! Can't wait to hear how you did at the obedience trial.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"