Vito's Agility Turn!

Vito had his very first CPE trial on Sunday, and his 2nd trial overall.  After the last one I felt I wasn't quite ready to handle him, but since then we've really started to connect as a team.

I having fun!

I have a tuggy!

And Lance's cool coat!




Fullhouse- Q
I really wanted to see where Vito's aframe contact was in a trial and to see if he would hold his 2o2o on the teeter.  Well right off the bat I kinda failed him.  I had planned a tight turn to the teeter but Vito took an extra jump on his turn and then ended up crossing behind me to the tunnel.  I was then late in recovering so we kinda bobbled but I eventually grew a brain and handled him to the aframe.  He proceeded to do his "handstand" or 1 touch on the downside which he never does at this height in class.  I only reward 2 hits in class and he is more likely to do only 1 touch on a low 5ft aframe.  He still manged to get one back foot in the yellow at least.  He was a little slow getting to position on the teeter, and did the extra tunnel surrounding the table when I wanted him to table.  Then when I went to get his leash he took my movement as opportunity to do the tunnel again!  Crazy dog.   Really I was happy with this run other then the crossing behind me in the beginning.

Wildcard- NQ
Bobble in the beginning as I was late in calling Vito off of the aframe.  He remarkably did come to me and we did a little dance to put him in the tunnel.  He did a very nice pinwheel, allowing me to stay back and let him do it on his own.  Then he shot off towards the aframe and I can't see anything I did handling wise to put him there.  On the very positive side, his aframe was very lovely this time and he even drove to the jump after which is something I am trying to get him to do in practice in order to wean him off of his ball as a target.  He called back to me really well and finished the course.  I was very happy with this run!

Snooker- Q
Vito was way more tired this run but this enabled us to have a pretty good run!  I was happy with how he handled and even more happy with his running aframe!  The only downside was that Vito wouldn't do his automatic down on the table.

Overall
Yay little Toller!  We still have a ways to go in terms of handler focus, but I am very pleased with his performance today.  I need to work on cuing him much earlier, it's just such a big difference compared to Lance.  He wasn't even as fast as he can be in practice so I know I will have even bigger adjustments to do.  I am also estatic about his aframe.  His running contacts got better each time and he was driving to the next obstacle instead of turning to look at me for his reward.   Baby dogs are so much fun!

Ok now it's hot.
I don't think Chuck made it.

Pepper  – ( July 28, 2010 at 5:51 AM )  

Awesome, congrats on some great first runs. Looks soooooo hot (jealous!) Love the cool coat. The sequence of pics on the previous post are gorgeous :)

Dexter  – ( July 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM )  

You both did great. Man! I got hot just looking at that agility ring. I am so impressed by distance you can work your dogs from. That is super.

Mango Momma

Muttsandaklutz  – ( August 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM )  

Nice -- He's already got some good speed, and he's only going to get faster with more experience. Lots of fun to look forward to with him :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"