CPE Trial

Lance had a CPE agility trial today, our first trial not at the U of M equine center.



We qualify in all 4 events and earn a new agility title! Lance got his CL1-H today for qualifying in wildcard to match his snooker level 1 Q.

Wildcard- level 1
Pretty straight forward, although I screwed up and didn't talk to Lance when he went in one of the straight tunnels. This resulted in him shooting out fast and taking an off course jump instead of turning towards me. Bad handler.

Snooker- level 2
This was fun! The course wasn't that hard so I decided to go for it and try for all 3 7's! We make it as Lance had no problem reading what side to come to and ignored the jump standing next to me when I called him off the start line. He had some really tight wraps that I'm quite proud of! This run also got us the highest snooker score so Lance won a bag of dog treats!

Standard- level 1
I pushed Adam to run Lance in this since it was a really easy course. Considering that Lance can count on his 4 toes how many times his daddy has ran him in practice he did really well listening to him. Lance was a bit more distracted and made some wide turns but managed to get all the obstacles except for one knocked bar. His contacts were horrible though. Lance did a down in a 2o2o position on the dog walk instead of his 4 on the floor, and then crept down the aframe real slow although manged to get his 4 on the floor on that one. He almost missed the tire but I think that was more due to Adam's handling then anything else. I am proud of both of them though and hope that Adam had enough fun to do it again!

Jumpers- level 3
I had fun in this course! I got lots of front cross practice in and Lance had no problems.

Megan  – ( April 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM )  

How did you like Canon Falls? I've only shown there once, but thought it was a pretty nice facility!

Lance ran really well, and that jumpers course looked like a lot of fun. WAY TO GO on the Snooker high score, that's quite the impressive feat. Watching Adam run Lance was neat!

Dexter  – ( April 12, 2010 at 5:23 AM )  

Daddy did a good job in the ring. Not as crisp as mom of course. I saw the ref raise his hand during the first run. Sheesh. I just thought you were doing some fancy distance handling (not that Lance had taken off).

Slobbers,
Mango

Cynthia Blue  – ( April 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM )  

nice job! your corgi has nice forward focus and is calm too, and fast! :) Good combo!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( April 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM )  

I watched the video before reading your notes. Lance's tight turns, especially in the Snooker, really jumped out at me, and that's without having seen your comment about his wraps. Wonderful job!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"