Running Contacts Update

It's been about 3 weeks since the last update and at that time I was thrilled that we finally seemed to be back on track with his running dogwalk.  I am very happy to say that we are still doing great and Vito doesn't need to see his ball on the floor anymore in order to run all the way down without any jumping or slowing.  I still put it out about half of the time, but he really is driving towards the jump placed after.  He was even brilliant 100% of his attempts in class today!

I have mainly been working on turns with him and have mixed results.  He is awesome if I have a pole near the bottom so he is "forced" to go all the way to end of the board.  I've been doing around the clock with the jump and we're almost to the 3 and 9 o clock angles.  The downside is that Vito can't do it without the pole there to help him.  I can't always tell if he's jumping or not, but I don't think I like how it looks.  I know we haven't been doing turns for very long so I suppose we'll just keep at it.  I think chopping down the pole smaller and smaller will help, I just have to get something I can chop as right now I'm using an electric fence post from our stick in the ground poles.

Vito is entered in another agility trial this weekend and I am hoping there will be a dog walk I get to play around on for fullhouse or jackpot just to see how he does in a trial setting.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"