Blizzard and a Trial

Us agility folk are hardcore!  Despite a gigantic blizzard with 17inches of snow falling throughout the day, most of us managed to make it to the CPE trial.  It was canceled after the first two games when we heard the plows were being pulled.  Took us about 2hrs to get everyone shoveled out and pushed out of the parking lot.

Lance
I had pulled Lance from standard and put him in fullhouse because of our contact issues.  And thankfully there was an aframe in fullhouse today!  I planned it for last and tested him by continuing to drive past the end and sure enough Lance came with me instead of downing.  I gave a simple "ah ah" and put him back over it and then he was a good boy :P


Vito
I was very happy with Vito's fullhouse run!  His aframes were quite lovely!

Standard I wasn't all that optimistic about since I knew he wasn't ready for the dogwalk sequence with his running contacts yet.  We don't practice that many wraps to the dogwalk and then it was a hard right turn to the weave poles of all things.  On the positive side there wasn't any looming off courses straight ahead, but there was also a wall pretty close.  I decided I was going to accelerate to hopefully drive him off the end and not worry about making any turn off it, no big deal if we had to redo the weaves because he wasn't collected.

Well when we actually ran it I thought he jumped.  Vito didn't do a clean wrap up the dogwalk, went pretty wide, and then didn't have his pretty footing on the run down.  While putting the video in extreme slow mo I can see that his hind feet were separated so it wasn't a real jump and he did clearly get his back paw into the yellow.  While it wasn't the performance I wanted I'm not upset with it.  I know he needs a ton more work on turns and just isn't ready for this type of sequence in a trial yet.  The rest of the run went fine and we qualified! It was our last Q needed to finish up level 2 and last thing Vito needed to finish up the qualification for nationals!  Since this is our last CPE trial we are entered in before the deadline I am relieved.  I wouldn't have been too disappointed if he hadn't made it, but it was a nice goal I had.

After the trial Vito wanted to snuggle in bed but Chuck loves the snow!  Lance joined him, but seemed lost.

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM )  

Woo hoo! Great news qualifying for the nationals. Isn't this Vito's first year of trialing too? Well done!

That snow is something else. I think it's headed my way tomorrow (yay!), coupled with freezing rain (boo!). The video of Lance and Chuck is so fun, and funny -- what a contrast with Chuck flying so effortlessly through it, and then Lance... hehehe. I couldn't get the second snow video to play -- You Tube says it's private?

Kiyi Kiyi  – ( December 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM )  

Congrats on qualifying for Nationals! Lance always looks so happy when he is running with you.
Chuck looks like a snowplow! LOL! Poor Lance hee hee hee! Just a little too short or really the snow is too tall!

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera  – ( December 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM )  

Hahhaahah poor Lance. Chuck is just zooming around and he's just... stuck. Poor short-legger.

Dexter  – ( December 13, 2010 at 5:52 AM )  

That is way too much snow! I'm glad the agilities were inside.

Slobbers,
mango

Ninso  – ( December 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM )  

I love the videos! Poor Lance! Mine loved the snow, but were not so sure about the extreme cold on Sunday!

Cynthia  – ( December 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM )  

LOL.. people wouldn't be going to work, I'm sure, but nothing will stop us from getting to a trial! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"