Vito has his CD!

The little guy pulled it off!



After his stressed performance in the last trial I wasn't sure how Vito would do in this new place but he did awesome!

Heel on Leash/ Figure 8- 4pts off, mainly for sits
Great attention and he really worked had on holding heel position.  I felt like I was being run into the walls for the about turns, but I think Vito was fine with it.  No sit on the last halt.

I was happy with the figure 8, we have been working hard on having him drive through the outside turn and Vito did today!  The last halt would have been a no sit but the judge waited awhile and he finally did.


Stand for Exam- 0pts off
I thought Vito moved a foot as the judge went over but she didn't take any points off and the video was blocked at that point.  Oh well!

Heel Free- 2.5pts off
Vito seemed a bit laggy at the start, the turn and slow time got him in a better position but he was distracted by the warm up ring on the slow.  The about turn seemed to recharge him though and I felt like we were really connected after that.  But again the 2nd sit would have been non existent if the judge hadn't waited.

Recall- 0 pts off!
He was distracted by the other ring at the start so I had to tell the judge we weren't ready.  The way he came bouncing in I thought for sure Vito was going to step on my foot, but instead he bounced to a halt and had a beautiful straight front! 


Overall-
We got our title with a 193.5!!!  I don't know where all the no sits came from and noticed that they were on the 2nd halt in each exercise.  I actually find it extra odd since I taught Vito to heel by working on the SIT with lots of pivoting, side stepping, 1 steps at a young age.  I think my next dog I won't have the sit be introduced right from the get go, but it is what I did with Vito.

I'm not sure what I want to do with Vito now in terms of trialing.  I know that I don't want to put him in open yet as while he can do all the exercises, just work on introducing the drop on recall the way the exercise actually goes, I want to make sure that he has an insanely solid out of sight stay.  I am being extra cautious after the mess I had with Lance stressing in the ring.  My dilemma is more if I want to keep trialing him in novice, try graduate novice (I don't think it's that great of a stepping stone), or take a break from trials.

Kathie R  – ( December 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM )  

Congratulations Laura. He looked AWESOME! Can't wait to see you in open.

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM )  

Yahoo!!!! What a great weekend for both dogs. So happy for you guys!

Dexter  – ( December 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM )  

Gosh, that happened fast! I know how hard you have been working, but it seems like just yesterday he was all goofy cracker dog. Congrats!

Mango Momma

Ninso  – ( December 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM )  

Go Vito (and Laura)!!! Nice work you two!

Unknown  – ( December 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM )  

Belated congrats to Vito on getting his CD!! :-)

Cynthia  – ( December 9, 2010 at 6:09 PM )  

The sits are in Kansas... at least that is where all my dogs' sits seem to go in the obedience ring. LOL

Your heeling is gorgeous! You must be very proud. I think it's 3pts off for a no sit. I have had too many of those in my life. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"