A ferret and her lab

Zoe is in love.
She loves to cuddle with Chuck.  But I'm not sure the feeling is mutual.
Zoe will nibble on his ear.  Or hang off his lip.  
Chuck just sits there.


Kim  – ( December 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM )  

Oh my, Chuck is a saint in lab clothing! What a patient boy :)

Muttsandaklutz  – ( December 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM )  

That is seriously adorable! and hilarious! all at the same time! Chuck would make such a great mom, all the patience in the world.

Dexter  – ( December 29, 2010 at 5:25 AM )  

That is so cool. I have heard that dogs respond differently to family members of other species than they would if they met the same animal on the outside. Of course labs can be very patient.

Mango Momma

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera  – ( December 29, 2010 at 10:08 AM )  

I agree with Kim- what a saint!!

Is the nibbling a bonding thing for ferrets, or a playful thing, or... something else?

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( December 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM )  

I would say her biting Chuck is an affectionate gesture. Ferrets occasionally do that to each other when they're all cuddled up in a hammock together. It's not really play as ferret play is very spazzy!

It is very weird though! I have seen her and one of the others do this to the cat about 2yrs ago (with not quite as patient of a response!), but really they don't do this, not even all that much with each other! Wrestling with the dogs or cat is much more common.

Kristine  – ( December 29, 2010 at 12:58 PM )  

This is the best video I have seen all day. Does it get any cuter? There is no way I could trust my dog with a ferret like that. Their relationship is just beautiful! Good job, Chuck!

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( December 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM )  

You're right - I DID forget tricks! There are a few that I do want to learn this year, so I'll have to make a second post. Including one of my favorites in your 2010 video, where it looks like Vito has his arm across your shoulders whispering. That's the cutest thing.

PS ~ I LOVEEE this video. I've always wanted a ferret. Maybe I can show Pat the video of Zoe and Chuck and he can see how awesome they are.

Achieve1dream  – ( January 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM )  

That is so cute! Poor Chuck. He is so tolerant. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"