February Goals

I've been bad, it's already a week into the shortest month and I haven't thought about my goals at all.  I also rarely looked at January's goals so it's a wonder I accomplished anything at all.  I'm going to go ahead and blame Avery as that knocked out almost 2wks of training with the boys.

Chuckles wants a light.
January Progress
1.  Tricks- I wanted Lance holding a toy in his paws.  Well he can wrap his foot around a pole and can usually wrap his foot around a bottle if he's sitting so that's a semi hold.  He still cannot hold an object while begging though.

Vito's handstand- well if it's possible I think we are further behind now then we were before.  I started using my leg for something to aim for and now he's not lifting up very high without anything behind him.  He's still lifting off with both feet but it's a tiny hop vs a baby handstand.

Free shape a trick without a prop with Chuck- fail.  Did practically nothing with Chuckles, again.  I suppose I did start teaching him to rise up and drop an object on a table with a different plan of attack.  I'm now teaching it as more of an extension of cleanup- put one object on/in another.

2. Scent articles- well I did break them out and did them a few more times in January.  Pretty sure I didn't make my measly goal of twice a week though.

3. Halts- Eh.  Didn't work on Vito bumping me at all.

4. Fronts with the DB- I did try and get a closer front with Vito but am not finding a plan that works for him.  Vito still rocks back on his front when he has an object and while it's not far it's not what I want.  I'm trying to get him to do scootch sits with the dumbbell/any object and it's just not working.  I can get him to thrust an object into my hand that is held against my body but even after he gives me the object he'll rock back again.  I always make him scootch forward to get the treat.  He has VERY close fronts without an object so I don't know why I can't get it with an object.

February Goals
I suppose I'll keep the same as January's and try and work them a bit more.  I think I'll add a #5
5.  Vito Glove retrieves- I discovered Vito likes to shake the glove immediately after pickup.  Thanks to some great advice on the Clicker Comp Obedience list I had great success with eliminating the shake by speeding up the return.  However I really did not spend much time on this and need to make it more of a priority.

Ninso  – ( February 8, 2011 at 1:07 PM )  

Chuck cracks me up! His name is apt--Chuckles!

Achieve1dream  – ( February 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM )  

Don't be discouraged about January. When I was doing the monthly goals last year I was really bad about getting discouraged if I didn't meet my expectations. Try not to get caught in that cycle.

I think you're doing great with them. I wish I had advice or suggestions, but everything you're working on is so advanced and above my head that I'm no help. :) Keep up the good work!

andrea  – ( February 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM )  

It's winter - winter goals always seem harder to achieve to me - you'll get there :)
those seminar days sound fabulous :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"