Rally Advanced

Vito showed in Rally this weekend to get legs #1 and #2 in advanced.  He scored perfectly both times, I cost us 11pts.

Saturday:
Started off a bit wide and not 100% focused.  But we got better as we heeled along and by the end I was really happy with how he did.  I cost us a point on an exercise as I did a straight 180 right on a sign instead of making it more wide and ended it directly in front of the next sign.  While trying to adjust I bumped him out of the way and ruined his halt.

Sunday:
Vito was more distracted by the male judge today and wanted to say hi before we started.  I got him back to me right away and he did well once we started except for a quick glance again while still maintaining heel.  Vito was wide and a bit laggy for the first 3 signs but again got better as we went along.  I apparently wanted to cost Vito even more points then yesterday as instead of doing a 270 right I did a 450 left.  Didn't even know I did it wrong until I saw our score!  Oh well!  I was most pleased with my super toy crazy dog doing a nice figure 8 with toys out.  I don't even know if he saw them!  On the video I start Sunday's run right at my mistake, I edited out the first half so I could fit both runs on one video.


Run Throughs
On Friday we came to the open ring time held at the club.  Lance did Utility and I was actually very happy with how he did.  He's been stressing over articles lately so I only put out 2 plus mine and was close to the pile.  No problem there he said!  Took a step on the signal down the first time so I put him back and restarted.  The next down was good, but the sit he took a step so again put him back.  Third attempt was great and I didn't signal the come.  Gloves were nice.  Moving stand was nice.  Go out was perfect!!!!  I was at 2/3 of full distance but it was very straight :)  Lance joined the open group for stays and held both nicely.  I came back to reward the sit around 2.5min and just came back in sight for the down around 4min.  He looked a bit stressed but not too bad and at least he didn't move at all.  Fingers crossed Lance won't have his old stay issues crop back up when we finally go back into open.

Vito did open and we mainly just did a lot of tugging.  He trotted out on both retrieves which is not at all like him.  I didn't want him doing the open stays (at least not until we figure out his medication) so I put him in the novice line up and had him do both sitting.

Achieve1dream  – ( February 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM )  

I'm having trouble with videos right now, but I am reading. I'll just have to do some messing around on my computer and try again later. I'm getting so far behind lol.

Thanks for commenting on my post about Storm. I'm so relieved she's home safe. It's never taken that long to find her and I was worried she was gone for good. I'll be watching her carefully from now on and probably need to proof the door again too.

Urban canines  – ( February 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM )  

What a busy weekend you had!
Hop on over to our blog, you have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award!

Ninso  – ( February 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM )  

Makes me want to do Rally again. Jun's heeling is really coming along lately! We've been doing exercises to strengthen her left side and she is now able to bend into left circles and maintain the bend. So she is no longer running into my leg!! We still have a little forginess to work out, but it is SO much better than it was!

How is Vito's SA coming along with his meds? Have you noticed any difference?

Amy Carlson  – ( February 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM )  

OH, I LOVE how his left paw kind of waves on his halts. ADORABLE! Very cute little habit he has!!! Lovely, lovely!!!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( February 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM )  

Ninso- You should!!!!! I would love to see her heeling! And Vito just had his recheck appointment today so I posted an update.

Amy- ha! I've never really noticed his paw lift before. I knew he liked to rock back a bit on his halts but didn't ever see the paw!

Ninso  – ( March 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM )  

I think I will, but I need to get a handle on Jun's fear issues first. The one show we did (and the couple run-throughs) she was distracted and sniffing all over the place. What I thought was naughty/distracted I now think was stress, which makes more sense because she is SUCH a focused dog and loves to work! Maybe next year we will get back in the ring.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 1, 2011 at 10:17 AM )  

you should check out the APDT trials when you feel she's ready. You can use treats in the ring at the completion of certain signs and plus APDT rally is way more fun then AKC.

Vito stresses both up and down. I much prefer the stressing up as to when he's just acting out of it. Of course we're still working on zero stress at trials.

Ninso  – ( March 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM )  

APDT is what we've done before. She has 2 legs of a RL1 and Lok has his RL1 title (not sure how that happened for either of them, since they both did terrible). I prefer APDT cause they don't have regulations on what disabilities disqualify my dogs. I'd also really like to try CDSP, since it's more obedience-like and my dogs aren't allowed to compete in anybody else's obedience.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM )  

Well you can do AKC as they now allow any dog to compete in agility, rally and obedience. But APDT is way more fun. And I've only done the one CDSP trial but it was really fun. It was kind've like an expensive run through since I could talk all I wanted and use treats but it was great ring experience and no group stays!!!

Ninso  – ( March 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM )  

AKC allows disabled dogs in obedience now? Do they allow modifications?

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"