Chuck at 12 months!

I finally compiled a video of the Chucklet from footage taken around his birthday.  I like how it actually makes me look like I train the dude.

Dizzy  – ( March 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM )  

Awe, poor Chuck fell off the desk! What was he doing on the desk?

Chuck looks like he's coming along nicely. Whatever training you're doing, it must be working!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( March 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM )  

I have no idea why he was trying to jump on the desk. It was supposed to be a rise to drop the credit card. Fail!

Pepper  – ( March 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM )  

I think you've done an awesome job. He's so happy and attentive. I loved the look on Vitos face when chuck opened the door :)

Raegan  – ( March 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM )  

Awww, Chuckit is such a happy dog. I'm doing stuff! *wag wag wag* I have a thing in my mouth *wag wag wag*

Ninso  – ( March 30, 2011 at 2:17 PM )  

I love Chuck! I want a Chuck! The falling off the desk was epic, as is the ferret using his ear for a blanket!

Megan  – ( March 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM )  

Chuckles is going to make someone so incredibly happy, just by being himself. Good job!

Muttsandaklutz  – ( March 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM )  

Yikes, scary end to that but wow what a great variety of "tricks" he has in his repertoire! And always wagging his tail, so cute :)

Unknown  – ( March 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM )  

Hi Laura - sorry - haven't got time to watch the video now so will come back later! But just wanted to say thanks for your comment about training cats. I think you've done amazingly well to train Lucky those things already! I don't know how far I'll manage to get with Muesli - I think I'll be happy to achieve as much as you have! - but I guess it'll be fun trying! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Cinnamon and Mint  – ( March 31, 2011 at 6:20 AM )  

Chuck is doing everything so well! His trainer must be really good!! I am sure he will be a great mobility dog. Was he OK after he fell off the desk?

Loretta Mueller  – ( March 31, 2011 at 11:13 AM )  

Lovely!!! So adorable and great training!!!

Unknown  – ( March 31, 2011 at 7:55 PM )  

Aaarrrgghhh! I Just realised that I called Luke - "Lucky" - sorry! Sorry! I'm having a really bad week - would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!

Hsin-Yi

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( April 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM )  

My speakers are broken so I can't hear anything, but I did love seeing the (muted) video!

Thank you so, so much for your comment on my obedience trial. I can't tell you how much better your comment made me feel. I was kind of thinking the same thing, but figured, what do I know? But if other people do this with multiple dogs, I should be able to do it with my one. Hopefully! And I do remember reading a column once by Helen Phillips about a question that she's commonly asked, why do some people consistently do better than others. And one of her answers was, some people wait until their dogs are unequivocally ready, and if that means waiting 5 years to bring them out in Novice, that's what they do. Plus, even though we aren't teaching the finished exercises, I am working with Layla on some open/utility exercises, so that should help a bit when the time comes. Thank you again - you made me feel a BILLION times better!!

Achieve1dream  – ( April 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM )  

Awww Chuck is so smart and so happy!! Every time you post something about him it makes me wish I could train service dogs. :) Great video. Glad he didn't get hurt falling off the desk. what a dork lol.

Cynthia  – ( April 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM )  

He looks great! You must be training. :)

Unknown  – ( April 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM )  

Ooh - finally had time to come back and watch this...and it was worth it!! What a fantastic video...Chuck is so good. It's a joy to watch him working. (I love those fake lift buttons and light switches with the bulbs above them, by the way - hee! hee!).

I'd love to teach Honey to hold something awkward in her mouth and actually walk with it...have to admit I've been lazy there. The motivation thing is always the issue with Honey and even holding "nice" things like stuffies - she can't be bothered to hold it for longer than a few seconds, standing still....just too much effort! In fact, just standing alone is too much effort for her most time - I find if I'm getting ready for a walk and if I'm a bit slow with collecting keys & treats & coat & leash, etc, - she'll just sigh and lie down again - I mean, really! It's only an extra minute, for God's sake! She's such a lazy dog - she can't even stand for an extra minute! Maybe it's why you don't see many Danes as service dogs or S&R dogs or whatever...people would all be lost or dead or whatever while waiting for their Dane to muster enough energy & effort to do something!!!!! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"