Fiona 4.5 months

Fiona has really been frustrating me lately.  She's like Jekyl/Hyde with her extremely bossy, manipulative, bouncy side and then her submissive, sensitive side.  The last two weeks her submissive side has been winning out and dealing with it is not my strength.  Here's hoping it's just a silly phase and will go away quickly!

She did at least pass her CGC this past month and this week she passed the level 3 test for puppy raiser classes.  Of course the lv3 pass was not the prettiest as it alternated between periods of brilliance to times of flopping over on her back and looking like I beat her.  This video was taking on one of her better days last week.


Overall she is doing really well with her training.  She's about 90% on one of my most important skills I use all the time, boundary training.  Fiona can stay in my cubicle, even when I'm not there, while other dogs, people, or even cats walk by.  Everything else is just fun.


Even when the cat decides to chew on her.

 

Kathie R  – ( September 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM )  

She is AWESOME! Can't believe she knows so much at only 20 weeks of age!

Kathy Mocharnuk  – ( September 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM )  

WOW, Fiona might be going through a freaky stage, but she is sure a SUPER STAR, she looks soooo awesome, wow, that is amazing! GREAT JOB!

Lynnda L  –   – ( September 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM )  

Thanks for posting the video! Love the Close the Drawer with Your Hip. Do you have a post on boundary training? I would love additional ideas on that.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck  – ( September 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM )  

Closing it with her back end wasn't really what I was going for but it was cute :)

I do have a post on boundary training. I think that and loose leash walking are the only 2 skills I use daily.

http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-teach-your-dog-boundary-cue.html

Shenna Lemche AKA Project Leader  – ( September 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM )  

That was just what Monday morning needed, thanks! What a clever thing- love the tail going every time she moves.

Achieve1dream  – ( September 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM )  

She is so smart! I swear when I get my next puppy I'm visiting you so you can train us both lol! I can't believe how much she already knows at four months. Amazing.

http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/DevelopmentalStages.html This website says four months is the flight instinct period which could explain her shyness. Or maybe she's entering her six month fear stage early. I'm sure she'll get through it quickly and be the confident girl you're shaping her to be. Keep up the fantastic work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"